So today, I had this medical appointment to go to.
After using our bathroom, and while washing my hands ...I realized that I did not pull my airy/flowy skirt down in the back. It was tucked up into my panties. Not all the way. It was covering me to my thighs. But the excess fabric definitely got hung up back there. No big deal. I pulled it back down and went on my way.
I used the bathroom at the uro office and then left said office soon after that. Then I went to Costco. And then home again.
As I was about to leave to go to a friend's house, while washing my hands ...I realized that my skirt was up in the back ...AGAIN.
Then I had this God awful thought.
Is it possible that I could've left the uro office, walked through the building and parking lot and then into and around Costco and back through their parking lot to my car and loaded the items into the car ...with my skirt up in the back?
Is that possible?
I would feel the breeze ...right?
Or the car seat fabric on the back of my thighs ...right?
And certainly the girls at the uro desk, someone in the parking lot, or at Costco - inside or outside would have told me ...right?
These are chilling thoughts to ponder, I tell you.
Especially because it happened to me once before, but only in the hospital hallway and ER. :)
Link:The Fourth Most Embarrassing Moment!
Seriously tho ...I'd know ...Right?
Saturday, May 28, 2016
Saturday, May 14, 2016
1. But for the grace of God, says me ...I am still alive. And haven't stroked out. I found out today, from a cardiologist who wasn't my doctor that I have been taking a dangerous medication for hypertension and have been using it wrong for TWELVE years. The wrong is my fault not the doctors who prescribed it. I was only there because I was accompanying someone else at their appointment. And when that was over, I told him about my crazy blood pressure that I had a few days ago. In about 12 hours time I went from hypertension crisis to hypotension and then finally back to normal by the end of the day. So all I wanted to know from him was should I see him, the specialist directly or should I see my PCP? I told him I don't need referrals. When he heard the medication and the numbers he told me he wanted me to check in right now and he would see me. So I did. And he did. I will finish this post another time to explain what happened and what I have to do now.
2. So ...I was on my way down to the mall to return something around 7:30ish tonight, when I realized that I had been the only one on this pretty busy 2 lane highway ...for miles. It is true that it was after rush hour and traffic would build up traveling in the opposite direction. But it was a Friday night. And this is NJ. I was heading down to a more congested area. It was great. I was just sailing on through all the lights. You know ...that feeling you get when you're just breezing a long with the music ...where you feel like you are one with the road? Neat feeling. :)
Then I had this thought ...what if the rapture happened? What if I was left behind? And then I came to a stop at a light closer to the mall and tons of cars were crossing out onto the highway and a bunch of cars pulled up behind me. Maybe I was just leading the pack. Although ...maybe ... ;)
3. I was returning a pair of 70.00 black pants ...black dress pants that I had bought a month ago. They were very nice pants and looked nice on me but cost too much to keep and not wear. The fabric is a bit heavy for warm weather and I hope to be in an even smaller size by the end of the summer. We'll see. Anyway, I never took the tags off. You see I bought them smaller than I should have. But I had lost weight and I didn't want to buy the next size up because they were too baggy. I am tired of no one seeing that I have thinner legs than I did. I loved how these looked on me. The problem was I had to suck in my stomach really far to close them. But it worked.
Then I tried them on again at home and decided to lie down on the bed ...like I did in my teens and 20s when getting into tight jeans. :) I walked around a bit and then decided to sit in them. Because after all I would have to sit in them. And maybe I could break them in a bit. Of course losing another 5 lbs might make a difference too.
But after a couple of minutes I was beginning to feel a bit weird and dizzyish. So, I stood up and the feeling went away. I sat again and the weird and dizzyish sensations came back. And now that it is getting warmer I'm not likely to wear them anyway and so I might as well wait until until I am at least really down into the next size or more.
4. Then I did a stupid thing on the way home. I was famished because all I had all day was one cup of coffee with milk, a banana in late afternoon and a spoon of last night's lasagna before heading back out the door. I also hardly drank water and was thirsty before leaving but I hate public rest rooms and so I avoided that too. Well ...I did buy an organic peach tea. I love peach. It was okay. The thing is they shouldn't claim organic when they also have unlisted "natural" ingredients. Just saying.
Well the tea wasn't the bad thing. The bad thing is that I decided to stop at a Burger King as soon as I got off that highway on my way home. And here's the kicker. YUK! I don't know what came over me, but I ordered a Whopper hot dog. Did you just barf a little in your mouth? I feel like it now. DOUBLE YUK!!!
If I have a hotdog it has to be beef and kosher. I doubt these were. Yes they are beef. Kosher? Probably not. I was attracted to the Whopper Burger vegetables being on a hotdog. I LOVE vegetable sandwiches. But this was on a hotdog. I ate it but will never get it again. Needless to say it was not a Tuscany roasted vegetable and Balsamic vinegar sandwich on a ciabatta bread. I also got an order of fries with no salt. They tasted weird to me because I could taste the oil they were fried in.
Years ago when traveling during one of my jobs I'd stop at fast food places. No wonder I gained weight! I really cannot stand them now. I have to be desperate to go to one. Well ...except for an egg McMuffin with bacon and cheese. But I rarely have them either. I don't know. There is something about the grease or whatever they cook with that I just do-not-like. UGH!
Anyway it is now a couple of hours later and I drank a ton of water and still am (I just KNOW this is gonna be a... I wish I had a foley catheter ...kind of night) and I still feel like I can taste it. I am actually cringing at the thought of that Whopper hotdog. And that is what it is. Psychological Whopper dog revulsion ...because I really can't taste it. I just feel like I can. The memory of it just won't go away.
So ...I am thinking of having one of Mr SeaSpray's Eskimo bars. Chocolate might be just the thing to take the taste away. Seriously. And then to bed.
5. I am bringing my grandchildren to my friend Iris' youngest grandson's birthday party at 11 am in the morning. I wrote about Iris in 2011. She passed away from non smokers lung cancer in October of 2011. She just missed seeing her daughter's first son being born and this is her second son, who will be two years old. There are four grandchildren between her two children. She also never met her little granddaughter who looks like her and has her curly hair. Iris would be just crazy in love with all of these beautiful children. It is bittersweet for me to go up there. I will enjoy being with all of the family and while it is easier now after 4 1/2 years ...it still hurts. I just hide it better now. Sigh. But it will be a fun day too. :)
Sunday, May 8, 2016
Thursday, May 5, 2016
Photo Credit Link
I have to say this is a first for me. I've never seen deer on the beach. Three deer ran into the ocean when they became spooked by the people walking toward them. You can check out the rest of the story on the photo credit link provided above. Also, the second picture enlarges and its pretty neat seeing all of the deer running into the water. Obviously they can swim. Thankfully, the last one was able to get out of the riptide.
I have a lot of happy memories at the beach house and on that beach.
I can still see Iris and me frolicking in the water and hanging out on the beach. We did that ever since we were teenagers. And as adults. The last time I was on vacation there was with my own family, back in 2005. Like I said ...so many happy memories. :)
This picture is evoking so many memories and strong feelings.
Anyway, I (Iris) would get a kick out of this article. I can almost hear her laughing and excitedly talking about it.
Friday, April 29, 2016
Thursday, April 21, 2016
Is it me or do these look like kidneys? Gives new meaning to kidney punch. Just saying. ;)
$509.00 kind of WON!!!
The check was in our mailbox today. I took a picture of it to remind me to keep my eyes on the goal, to stand my ground and persevere through adversity when necessary.
To be continued...
PS - Thank you God for giving me the ability and favor.
Friday, April 15, 2016
What is the common denominator for emancipation, tax day, loss of loved one, procrastination, Elizabeth Taylor, a YUGE, hairy, muscular spider, makeup, 911, makeup, rhyming, fun housework, fur balls, Cruella De Vil, an arsonist, stick people, subs - best subs ever, Keurig coffee machines and PFP?
Read the following post and you will find out. Or ...if you know me you can cut to the chase and figure it out. :)
I'm in tax day hell. Well ...I haven't even started yet. This is because I am
I even missed being with my mom the last week she was alive because I was working on the taxes ...and then also got a bit nauseated ...every day. It was after I drank the cat water. I don't recall if I ever posted on that. It was funny, although not in the moment of realization. Anyway, the nausea was like when I was pregnant, but I wasn't. I could've gone tho, but just thought I would go the next day and so on. She died, unexpectedly later that week. She had been doing so much better that week before and when we saw her on Easter, I wasn't worried. Well aside from all the usual concern and sadness one feels as they see their elderly parent declining. I had actually felt encouraged by her being more alert and communicative during the week leading up to Easter. Sunday night will be the seven year anniversary of her death. I miss her so much. And I have guilt that I didn't go in to see her during the week days that last week. I missed 3 weeks in 6 months and the last was the week she died. It was what it was. I even had warnings ...really strong thoughts about my going to see her but I chalked it up to guilt. One happened when I walked passed a floral picture on the wall that she gave us. Another was when I was going through the paperwork I had from the local funeral home containing her obituary info and the forms for Mr. SeaSpray and me, that we still have to do. On that Monday night I was sitting at the kitchen table and I felt this foreboding feeling when I lifted up the funeral home envelope, which I again chalked up to guilt. Death wasn't anywhere on my radar, not even about Mom.
NOW, I know to pay attention to that feeling. *Sigh*
I don't know why I am thinking of these things again. Sure, I always miss her but this year I am really FEELING it. And not for tax time avoidance. I guess it is just how life is sometimes.
I am grateful that the actual tax day (when they are due) is not until Monday, April 18th. Too bad I heard that or I would've been done for today. But give me that inch and I'm going for the mile when it comes to procrastination.
I googled the 2016 Tax date just to verify the information. It is true. If tax day falls on the weekend you have until the following Monday. But the 15th this year is on a Friday. It turns out that April 15th in Washington D.C. celebrates Emancipation day. Interesting.
Two hours ago I decided to play with my new makeup. I almost did something I have never done before. But since I have all this paperwork to do, well ...it totally makes sense to put your makeup on like Cleopatra. I've always wanted to do that. Years ago, when I had bangs, some people told me I looked like Cleopatra. I took it as a compliment, but come to think of it ...she'd be really OLD now. Hmmm. I was going through an almost black hair color phase (Only because I suck at applying hair color quickly and I put a cap over it when not supposed to because it was heat reacting and left it on longer than supposed to. What could go wrong?) and that is how I got the nickname at work, for awhile. And at a wedding, the following summer, my friend's mom thought I looked like Elizabeth Taylor when she portrayed Cleopatra. I don't look like Elizabeth Taylor. Well maybe around the eyes and brows when wearing makeup. I should have lavender eyes ..wouldn't that be nice? Anyway, today, I got the idea to go for that extreme look ..for fun. But then I thought about taking it all off and so just opted to play with the new colors and products I got. After all ...a girl can't do her taxes without makeup on. Right?
And that is when I saw this really YUGE spider run by. No one was home to rescue me and so it was up to ME to catch this thing. Or look away. Of course it had to be the YUGE muscular, hairy kind of spider that I fear. Seriously, a snake could slither by and I would calmly say, "Oh look ...a snake," I would pick the snake up. (Well not if a Cobra or Rattle snake.) But one of these spiders and I am ready to sound the alarms and have a total lockdown, but we don't have that capability here. I thought about calling 911 ...but then figured they might not appreciate my call. Ha ha! "Hello-o-o ..911? Help! There is a YUGE, hairy, muscular spiderLOOSE in my house and I'm all alone. Help!" A SeaSpray can dream. ;) He ended up ...I'm being sexist. How do I know he isn't a she spider? Well ..he-she spider busted through my paper towels and made a lightening fast run for it to where I can't get he-she spider. Perish the thought that YUGE, hairy, muscular spider will run right across my feet ..or up my body while I am working on the taxes. Why that thought is enough to cause a SeaSpray to lose her concentration and NOT do the taxes until she feels safe again.
on this day
and much to my dismay...
I hate to say...
I'm on my way...
not to play...
or go further astray...
but to jump into
the paperwork fray.
Yes, in my procrastination imagination I just know all the various receipts and other records of interest are crazy-animated, all just mixing it up with each other on the tables and in the baskets. Oh wait. I did that. Boy, it's a good thing that I am not an arsonist because the temptation would be too great. just saying.
And now, a SeaSpray has to do what a SeaSpray has to do.
P.S. After writing this, I decided to look at some pictures of Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra and have decided that I am going to go for that dramatic makeup look before the weekend is over. Of course I'm not in my 30s anymore and may end up looking like Cruella De Vil, the scary cartoon one. :)
P.P.S. Isn't it weird how cleaning the toilet, scrubbing the floor, scrubbing the tub and cleaning up cat fur balls suddenly looks like more fun than doing tax paperwork? Just an observation.
P.P.P.S. I also announced to family that there would be no cooking until I got my work done. It's a good thing I didn't say this at the beginning of the month or we'd all look like stick people by now. Thankfully, Mr SeaSpray picked up some subs from the best place ever. Mine is an eggplant, mozzarella, roasted red peppers with balsamic vinegar on semolina bread with seeds sub. I will thoroughly enjoy that sub. Of course then I might begin to feel tired and not so alert from all the carbs. but no worries because ...H-e-l-l-o-o-o you wonderful Keurig coffee machine. :)
So ...do I excel at PFP or what?
Give me an inch and I will take FIVE miles. ;)
C'est moi! :)
* Here's the thing. With PFP ...you still always know you have to do what you don't want to do. It hangs over you, creating a low key misery of denial that takes up residence within until you once and for all just DO it. No worries. I will soon be on fire with being in the zone and nothing else will exist when I am. True.
Is their an ICD-10 code for PFP?
Just wondering. ;)