Tuesday, January 16, 2007

WHAT is IN MY MOUTH??? - Part I

WARNING: The following story is gross, but true.

A few years ago, I went over to our county seat for a mid afternoon doctor appointment. After the appointment I went shopping. It was a dreary November day that looked like something in a Currier and Ives picture. It was the kind of day where it feels good to be inside, all cozy and relaxed at home, but instead I had to go to work at the hospital that night. I was filling in for someone and was scheduled to work 7-11 pm.

I was feeling really tired and decided that a nice hot cup of coffee would perk me up. So, I pulled up to the drive in window at the Kentucky Fried Chicken and ordered a large cup of coffee.

When the man handed me the cup, I immediately appreciated the warmth in my hands, while eagerly anticipating drinking the coffee. With sincere appreciation, yet purposely and with a smile, being overly grateful in a joking way - I said " I am REALLY HAPPY to have THIS cup of coffee! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" He just stared at me. I was charming (says me) and in no way did anything offensive. I am always very friendly (I even won Miss Congeniality in a beauty contest once) and am always the supportive type and would never intentionally insult anyone and certainly didn't do anything to him other than be friendly.

So...okayyyy - I thought and drove away. I put the cream in my coffee before I got on the main road. I put music on and was thoroughly enjoying the picturesque ride home while appreciatively sipping my cup of coffee.

I pulled into the driveway and shut the car off. I was now totally relaxed, yet alert and ready to start getting dressed for work. The cup of coffee was almost empty and so I took one last gulp that was left in the bottom of the cup. And too my abject HORROR... I now had SOMETHING... an obviously significant in size, foreign body of some sort SWISHING AROUND IN MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be continued....

2 comments:

TheTundraPA said...

Hi SeaSpray! I just found your blog through a referral from yours to my blog, Tundra Medicine Dreams. Thanks for the link! I have read back through your last few posts, and I like your writing. I will add you to my blogroll. If you get tired of your warm weather, come over to my place and see the photos from Alaska. When you were +70F we were -30F. That was just a little too cold; I'm glad we are back up to +20F.

So don't make us wait too long--what was in the coffee???

SeaSpray said...

Hi Tundra PA - I lurked through your site a few times and have enjoyed it. Great pictures - It is so BEAUTIFUL up there!

I am glad you liked my writing. I just commented on another blog last nite that I sometimes think of pulling the blog because I get intimidated when I read through blogs like yours and the other med blogs. But, then I like what Dr Dork said about how in the end we do it for ourselves.

Anyway, I am honored that you would blog roll me and thank you. :)

p.s. -30F! ....Ah..A girl can dream...I do love winter - I do, I do, I do!