Saturday, February 24, 2007

I'm FREE! I'm FREE - Stent FREE at Last!!! :)

The post below is basically just me giving myself a pep talk stating my game plan for the next 6 weeks to further enhance my healing process. A reaffirmation to my self if you will, as to where I have been, where I am and where I hope to be at the end of this, while ultimately, I surrender it all to God and his infinite wisdom to direct my paths. I am FINALLY at peace with all of this.

I believe in healing miracles, but I also know that God works through doctors,nurses and all sorts of medical professionals and thank God for THEM. :)

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - anonymous

So, while I do believe that God can do anything, effecting any outcome - I also believe that he gives us common sense to do the best that we can. Even though I know God "can" drive the car - I am pretty certain that he expects me to keep my hands on the wheel when "I" am driving. :)

I don't know if there are variations in a double j stent - but this last stent was a jj stent)
YEEHA! Just a very HAPPY girl to be free - to hopefully have forever to never need to be stented again. A girl can dream! :)

I am so very grateful for the physician and group that has taken care of me this past year. I know that he has done everything possible to facilitate the healing of this ureteral stricture. If it weren't for the fact that I strongly believe in confidentiality in an arena where other people don't have a choice in what I as a blogger have to say - I would tell the world to go to that office. (Ha! like the WORLD reads my blog!)

The point that I am at now, is that the ureteral stent that was in me for the last 11 weeks was removed yesterday and after 6 weeks, I will go for another Lasix mag 3 renal scan that will help determine whether or not the ureteral stricture is remaining open. Both surgeons feel that based on recent films/procedures (CAT with contrast 3mm cut, upright KUB most recent OR retro cysto along with my stated symptoms) that surgery may be indicated.

My med hx has been such this past year, that I have consistently felt considerable discomfort post- stent removal and then get relief when stented again. I have been resistant to surgery. I am praying and believing that I will not have to have surgery. I am not going to utter one negative word to even one person, not even my husband or closest of friends and definitely not the doctors about any discomfort that I could potentially have - not - one - word. I could vent. They would listen. But - I will not. I do have an excellent support system, for whom I am certain there is an extra special place in heaven for listening and loving me throughout this past year. You KNOW who you are -Thank you very much!. :)

I REFUSE to give in to any symptoms whatsoever - rien, nichts, nada, niente - NOTHING - no, not one. So there! I am going to fight this on every level that I possibly can.

In one of my recent comments on my site, I stated what my game plan is. I don't recall verbatim, but I am planning on doing everything that I can think of to nurture my mind, body and spirit.

I have already been implementing better food choices . (The closer to how God made it the better!) I am going to drink aloe juice because of it's healing properties. I have had a gallon sitting in fridge for over a year. Health food store said it lasts indefinitely but as of next week I am going to use a different brand that someone has researched and feels it is the best choice. I should have been doing that all along - don't know why I didn't?

Going back to the Y. I had hoped to get back there in January but just not doable with the stent. I CAN'T WAIT TO SWIM and also to participate in a specific fitness program they offer! I want to build my cardiovascular system up along with overall fitness.

Funny movies and programs as much as possible. (The Norman Cousins thing)

Go BACK to church. Anyone that knows me knows that I DO have a really strong faith in God, but I have never been strong in church attendance. I actually do belong to a fantastic church that really loves God and loves all people that go there. There is a lot I could say here about my relationship with God but that could be another post entirely and perhaps will at some point. Suffice it to know that I have indeed experienced healing miracles (yes - miracles) in my own life and God's favor throughout my life. Having said that - I do have to wonder how it is that I set God aside this past year - when I needed him most? So - there are many things that I can be doing in the faith realm that I haven't been - but am going to again. This prodigal daughter has returned. :)

SLEEP! I am someone who burns the candle at both ends. I KNOW how important sleep is and yet I persist in not getting enough. Even God rested! I heard a doctor say once that she goes to bed at 10 pm when ever possible because the more hours one goes to bed before 2am the better it is to help prevent cancer. I don't know if that is true, but our bodies do need time to rejuvenate for various reasons.

I have many, many things that I want to accomplish over the next 6 weeks - some practical and some fun and I have some people that I want to help. Every day, is truly a gift from God and I embrace this time with a joie de vivre!

Having said all of the above, if the test along with symptoms indicates the need for surgery - then I will tell the surgeon to have his staff book the OR for my case. No more indecision. No more life on hold. Done deal. I will at that point know that the only way past this is to go through it.

I do know that all things work together for good. They happen for a reason that isn't always obvious at the time but we then come through stronger and better equipped to help ourselves and others in the future.

So, all prayers welcome. Also - I am open to any suggestions as to how I can possibly further the facilitation of my healing process.

4 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Seaspray! I am so glad to see you post. I knew you'd get through that. Just be good to yourself now. It sounds like your on the right path and mind set. Listen to your doctors'. Get a mind set to prepare, that way if they decide different it will be a pleasant surprise. You see you have a summer coming up to enjoy!

SeaSpray said...

Hi Chrysalis Angel - I think (for a change) my mind "is" prepared but I am just fighting with every tool I have to avoid surgery "if" possible. You see, for this entire past year - I had been passive in me personally taking responsibility in any way to effect change for the better - if indeed it is possible.

I can't help but wonder if my attitude would've changed the outcome at all? So, by me doing everything that I am planning and not giving in to any fear or negativity and putting my faith in God - I will know that I know that everything that could be done has been done and if the Docs still say surgery, I really believe that God is directing me down that path.

I trust God. I trust my doctors.

Anyway,can't blame a girl for trying! :)

Are you picking up something in me that I am STILL not seeing. As always - I value your opinion.

Also, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE swimming!!! It does occur to me that I want to give plenty of healing time before summer begins.

My understanding is that it is an 8 week post-op recovery time, with a stent. One week Adm post-op, stented for maybe 6 weeks or so post-op. That is the perfect world and I AM believing for the perfect world. :)

Also, for as much as I love to swim - I so very much need to get back to work to earn some money.

I want to:
1. pay off med bills
2. get an SUV (I know not politically correct)but I want something with 4 wheel drive since I figure that I will be commuting more.
3. get a lap top (I know sitting at the computer for so long reading and writing on blogs can not be good for the circulation!)

*** I REALLY liked what you said On Dr Schwab's post about the appendix vs creationism. I thought your 1st comment was quite clever and you are right. I still have to go back and read all that. usually, I would jump in to a theological discussion as they are my favorite ones but just have been focused elsewhere.

SeaSpray said...

P.S. Chrysalis Angel - thanks for your well wishes. The procedure was done in the doctor's office which admittedly scares me because I had two bad experiences with stent removal in another doctor's office a couple of years ago. Nice doctor but he really hurt me.

My current urologist knows just what to do and while it does hurt it is still a much better experience and this girl is REAL grateful for that. I am sore now - but this too shall pass. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

You sound like you're on the right track Seaspray.

I love being in the pool myself. I love being out there and it's 88 degrees. It feels so nice slicing through the water.

Oh, the infamous post...geezzz, I forget I'm not just talking to the author, although that's my intention. Such a ruckus caused by li'l 'ol me.