Sunday, April 8, 2007

He is Risen!



He is risen!

I would like to share a few interesting things I have learned about the events after the resurrection.

The most elite Roman guards of that day would have been assigned to the tomb of Jesus because it was considered a priority to the Jews in charge that his body not be stolen. Otherwise, rumors would start that he was alive and people would believe that Jesus was who he said he was and that would've caused a lot of problems for both the Jews and the Romans.

These Roman soldiers would not risk their lives by letting anyone take the body nor would they fall asleep on the job. To do so would mean certain death for them, so it was in their best interest to make sure that Christ's body stayed in the tomb. When the tomb was sealed it would have the imperial seal of Rome on it and under no circumstances was that seal to be broken.

But God.......had other plans.

Another interesting fact is that when people went in to see the empty tomb, they noticed Jesus had taken the time to fold his garments. This would seem to indicate that he wasn't in a rush to get out of there or that people hadn't come to steal his body away because if they did, they certainly wouldn't take the time to fold his garments. Also, maybe He was neat and tidied up after himself. :)

The scriptures state that he appeared to the apostles who were behind closed doors. Scientists have indicated that there are more than the 3 1/2 dimensions (Height, length, depth and time going forward) that we are familiar with and that there are at least 10 or 11 dimensions and possibly more. That may explain how Jesus was able to materialize into the room or disappear or appear to people in other encounters as well .

His resurrected body could be felt and he could participate in activities. Jesus even built a fire on the beach while the apostles were fishing. Then he cooked the fish and ate with them. He fellowshipped with them.

So, because Jesus loved us so much, he sacrificed his life for us. He miraculously rose from the dead 3 days later, with an immortal body and did all the things I mentioned and more. We can expect to have the same immortal bodies as Christ resurrected with. (Awesome!) Life doesn't end on this earth. It is the beginning of an eternal destination and a continuation of what we are here, but so much more enhanced.

All we have to do is to call upon his name and ask him to be our Savior. For anyone who doesn't believe in God - just ask him to show you he is real and he will find a way to do just that.

God loves all of us and he has a plan and a purpose for each of our lives.


8 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Happy Easter Seaspray!

SeaSpray said...

Thanks Chrysalis - I hope you had a wonderful day.

I loved today because it was such a full house with my husband's family over at my m-i-l's house. His family is like the Waltons and family was up from Florida along with other family. Devan was so excited to be looking for easter eggs and than took special delight in hiding eggs for more company to arrive.

It was really funny to have snow falling while outside looking for eggs. :)

Anonymous said...

I do believe, not only in the Resurrection, but also in the story of Lazarus and other miracles.

And - laugh at me if you must (I know that I am childish and petty and ridiculous and undeserving) - all I want from Him is to bring my mother back from the dead.

I don't know why should I and my family be given such a favour. Why not?

Lazarus was Christ's friend. So is my mother. And that's not even the point.

There is nothing impossible with God - NOTHING AT ALL.
I do believe that.

Please - bring my mother back, alive and safe and happy.

rollye830 said...

hi seaspray, i like the picture of the open tomb. can you give me permission to print it in our church bulletin?

SeaSpray said...

Hi Rollye830- that is a cool pic. It is a cool pic and I think I found it in flicker but I don't recall now. I remember I was googling a lot of pics from different sources...but I "think" it was flicker.

SeaSpray said...

I am sorry that I missed the comment by anonymous last year.

Anonymous...just in case you happen to come back through...I would just say that I think you demonstrate a beautiful childlike faith of wonderment and anything is possible.

Really why do we limit God?

Oh if only we could have our heart's desires...

While the separation is painful, you know that Christ's rising from the dead 3 days post crucifixion and walking among us in his immortal body is what we can expect in the future. Indeed...he is the Blessed Hope! :)

I am sorry that you lost your mother and I hope that you have experienced peace about it since then.

Storm said...

I love your Easter entry! It always brings me such joy to find people who are so into God. Definitely fav.d it and I'll be back, at least to see how often you get a chance to share your thoughts. The pic. is BEAUTIFUL!! Hope you, and anyone else who checks your page out, had a wonderful Easter. Mine was 1/2 between ok and good this year.

SeaSpray said...

Well thank you storm. I am glad you enjoyed it. My blog is eclectic I suppose...a little bit of everything mixed in....probably humor (says me) more than anything.

Theology is one of the most interesting topics. You simply can't exhaust it. there is so much to ponder, truly fascinating and life giving. :)

I am sorry your Easter wasn't all that you may have wished it to be but at least it wasn't on the other side of the OK.

Thank you for your well wishes. Comeback anytime and share your thoughts.

Have a great day! :)