Monday, April 9, 2007

It's All About the Blue

Your Power Color Is Blue

Relationships and feelngs are the most important things to you.
You are empathetic and accepting - and good at avoiding conflict.
If someone close to you is in pain, it makes you hurt as well.
You try to heal the ones you love with your kind and open heart.
What's Your Power Color?

My aunt used to say "If it's blue Patricia likes it." I am totally taken with the color blue. I am drawn in like a moth to flame by the color blue in all it's varying shades.

You could line up 50 people wearing various colors and I will hone in on the ones wearing blue every time, like a magnet. I like men in blue shirts and also dark blue suits- like the shade of blue suits the president wears. Favorite color to wear is turquoise, although I also like to wear pinks and other colors too.

One of my favorite cars was a 1985 T-Bird, which was a beautiful dark blue with varying shades of lighter blues on the upholstery and dash board, etc. I loved that car because it was sporty, fun to drive and because I felt totally immersed in blue when I drove it. Ha! I know I didn't save any money off the sticker price when we purchased that car because I loved it so much that I was practically bouncing up and down on the seat when I took it out for a test drive. :) As a matter of fact I was so anxious to get that car, the day we were scheduled to pick it up from the dealer there was a hurricane and I still wanted to pick it up. Fortunately, my husband was the voice of reason for me and we waited a couple of days.

I have almost always had a blue bedroom. We are due to paint it again and I sometimes think that I want to go with a different color, but I really like waking up to being surrounded by blue, so the only thing that will change is I am going for a deeper shade of blue.

I really liked it when the Docs switched from green scrubs to the blue scrubs - much better!

I love blue skies, blue oceans and aqua pools. If I am really thirsty, I prefer to drink water out of a tall blue glass - preferably turquoise.

My girlfriend's daughter stopped over today to give me a turquoise glass bunny that she picked up in the store. She said that when she saw it, she knew she had to get it because she knew how much I loved that color. It was so sweet of her to do that. :)

So, now y'all know how weird I am about the color blue..so soothing and beautiful. It's all about the blue. :)

P.S. These fun little tests have been amazingly accurate with the results that come up.

6 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

I knew we'd come out the same. Definitely glad they went to blue scrubs! Hated that icky green. My surgeon had the bluest eyes and with those scrubs you couldn't help but notice them. :)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Chrysalis Angel - My current surgeon has the warmest brown eyes and the 2nd surgeon who will be doing the surgery if I have it has the bluest eyes. As a matter of I said to him "You have the NICEST blue eyes and that blue shirt is a good color for you and brings them out even more." I complimented a mechanic once(his eyes were like a tropical ocean)and some male patients over the years. I probably shouldn't because they might misinterpret and think it is a "c'mon" or something and I would not do that. I am just someone who effervesces with enthusiasm when I see something I like. :)

That said, I also love warm brown eyes and they can melt me in a heartbeat. I worked with an ED nurse who I often complimented for her gorgeous dark brown eyes.

Then of course there are beautiful green eyes and interesting shades in between. I worked with another ED nurse who I often complimented for her exquisite light blue eyes, you know, the kind that are a light ice blue like what huskies have.

Eyes are the mirror to the soul. You can learn a lot about a person by watching their eyes.

Chrysalis Angel said...

Indeed you can Seaspray.

It is hard to talk to males at times, we don't think a thing of saying something, and they can take it another way. I thought the female of the species were the ones that analyzed every thing too much.

SeaSpray said...

Ha! Chrysalis, I have joked that I am someone who will analyze the analysis of the first analysis. I joke around a lot and am easy going, but am definitely someone who reads body language and has the ability to see a lot more under the surface.

I do think women are more likely to do that, but some men are good at it too.

I saw some e-mail on what women's brains look like vs a man's during the thought processes and amusingly the female brain looked like a spider web of thoughts and the male brain had one thing in it. I don't recall exactly what the pic was.

Anyway, maybe this comes from women had to nurture and men had to focus on prey and survival, etc.?

patientanonymous said...

I'm "blue" too...and don't even get me started on how much I (over)analyze things...

SeaSpray said...

Love the blue! :) And yes, I know I am goofy about blue, turquoise, aqua and teal.

I do like other colors. Some of the colors I decorate with besides blue are sage,burgundy or paprika,butternut,cream, pink, white, etc.

I can't explain it, but sometimes I want to be one with the blue, just melt right into it. :)