Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Present :)

http://www.labefana.com.au/fg03-1.jpg




A young man wanted to purchase a new Christmas gift for his new sweetheart and as they had not been dating very long, after careful consideration, he decided a pair of gloves would strike just the right note, romantic but not too personal.

Accompanied by his sweetheart's sister, he went to Nordstrom's and bought a pair of white gloves. The sister purchased a pair of panties for herself.The image “http://www.stacysews.com/pics/brazil.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

During the wrapping the clerk mixed up the items. The sister got the gloves and the sweetheart got the panties. Without checking the contents, the young man sealed the package and sent it to his sweetheart along with this note:

I chose these because I noticed you are not in the habit of wearing any when we go out in the evening. If it had not been for your sister, I would have chosen the long ones with buttons, but she wears short ones that are easier to remove. These are a delicate shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me a pair she had been wearing the past three weeks and they were hardly soiled. I had her try yours on for me and she looked really smart. I wish I were there to put them on you the first time, as no doubt other hands will come in contact with them before I have a chance to see you again. When you take them off, remember to blow in them before putting them away as they will naturally be a little damp from wearing. Just think how many times I will kiss them during the coming year. I hope you will wear them for me on Friday night.

All my love, Charles

P.S. The latest style is to wear them folded down with a little fur showing.

(Author unknown)

I thought a little levity might be a nice change from all the tax talk. :) I found this in some papers that I was cleaning out and I laugh every time I read it. Hope y'all like it too. :)

12 comments:

The Independent Urologist said...

Very funny, and needed after those pictures I linked to. I went home and hugged my girls.

SeaSpray said...

Hi I.U. - Glad you liked it!

I know - those pics really did make my heart hurt. I didn't expect to cry either. :(

Aww - the image of you hugging your girls - sweet. :) If you haven't already done so, you and your wife should be hanging up an enlarged version of that pic of you holding your baby girl in the rocker.

I think it is so endearing when a man shows his gentle and protective side with children or with women too. It's just sweet.

Sisyphus ledge said...

Seaspray this is a hoot! I am chuckling away to myself even now, I found your newest post funny for different reasons, but didn't have time to look back on the other posts at the time. Now my eyes are wet again with mirth. I wonder how many calories are used up in laughing till you hurt.

SeaSpray said...

Hey Sis-I was delighted to have found this one knocking around in my drawers when cleaning out papers. It's an old one - before e-mail days.

Remember when a joke would come from "somewhere" and everyone would copy it or they got posted on a work bulletin board? Actually, they still get posted, but the www puts almost anything at our finger tips - literally, at the stroke of a key.

This one is one of my all time favorites and I agree it is hoot. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I wonder which one of their faces would have been more priceless to observe? Hers - because she would've been so shocked and insulted? His because he would've been horrified? She would've gotten a red face and elevated BP, while he would've gotten an elevated BP followed by a quick drop as the blood drained from his face. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Funny post Seaspray. I couldn't get the picture of your first post showing. To many things the computer is trying to load from the site. I have a very slow speed connection, so the more that's on a site the slower it is in coming up for me. Rob's site is like that for me. I have to wait quite a while before I can see it.

patientanonymous said...

You found it knocking around in your "drawers?" Sorry, I can never resist a good pun.

This was terribly funny.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Angel-I'm glad you liked it. It was a tad risque but cute. :) I wish you could get the pic because I think you would appreciate the ethereal quality to it. Maybe sometime when you have time, go do something else while your computer loads. Does my site cause a problem or is it just that you can't see the pics?

Hi PA - Glad you enjoyed it! LOL! In "my" drawers? Ha!Ha! No - actually, I keep the jokes in my panties and evidently for years! :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

No it's not your site Seaspray. You have one of the nicest sites. It's my server. Wishing you all good things Seaspray.

passionstamper said...

Well seaspray, as I said in the Barely There card I sent you, I was laughing so hard when I read this I almost PEED (no pun intended)! The tears were rolling down my face by the end..and my windows were open, so if anyone was around, they heard a wave of laughter approximately every 3 seconds coming from our house (can't imagine what they must be thinking about the people that live here!!!!) Every sentence just seemed incredibly hilarious to me (I was picturing her reading his note in horror that she didn't know this side of him). When I saw those panties, I knew instantly you needed a bra to match that REALLY made a statement! Ha Ha!
Glad you liked your card..I'm sending them to all my girlfriends. For example, one of them (an SU! demo in our group) is a race car driver-I just couldn't resist sending her the headlights one...my daughter send one of her best friends the popcorn one (cuz her friend DOES have lumps from stuffing them with tissue!!) Can't wait to see her reaction! (I think my daughter sent her the "let's go shopping" one...

too funny! It does the soul so much good to laugh-Lord knows I sure need it after the last few months!!! This was almost as good as the Wendy's incident!

SeaSpray said...

LOL Passionstamper! It warms my heart to know you were cracking up over there!

Speaking of the Wendys incident - go to Trench Doc's "The Chest Pain ER". As you read through the comments you will sea that the salad bar comes up again (because I just wanted to set that straight)and then it progressed - again. :)

I have an idea for accomplishing 2 things at once. I am supposed to get that renal scan. As I told you - I don't want to. Why don't we find Caribbean Blue and you two go down with me, then afterward we can go to a restaurant with a salad bar and test for the Throckmorton effect? Sounds like a plan! :) She gets out of work at 2pm and we could meet in Sparta and go down from there. That is if they will do the scans mid to late afternoon.

SeaSpray said...

Thank you angel :)

passionstamper said...

Sounds like a plan Seaspray! Carib, you and I haven't been out together since ???? Only one slight glitch-WHEN? Was supposed to go and visit my aunt today and also had a "family meeting" planned with the Retirement Home but plans changed really fast when my mom found her hands had swollen up so much (Arthritis or Rheumatoid?) that she could not drive-and her knees were so painful too. So...the appt was canceled and I went down to take care of my mom. Appt concerning my aunt will be rescheduled for next week (if my mom is able!). It was heartbreaking to see my mom barely able to come down the stairs to open the door, and I even had to open a can of spaghetti sauce for her! You make your plans and let me know when-you know if I can make it I'll be there!