Friday, April 27, 2007

It's Spring Fever....

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

This post is inspired by ED -Doc Around the Clock's most recent web site post in which he displays some wonderful paintings he has done. Go check them out. He is on my sidebar links.

We are once again having some more cold, wet and dreary weather. So, in keeping with my longing desire for some seasonably warm spring weather, I thought I would put up these copies of Monet's works. :)
Printemps by Claude Monet
Printemps ~Claude Monet

Springtime - I love the pink blossoms on our weeping cherry tree along with all the pretty sunshine yellow forsythia bushes dotting the neighbor hood. We are still waiting for the apple tree to blossom. The leaves are becoming noticeable on the trees and bushes. The lilies have pushed through the ground and the grass is so green that it looks like England or Ireland. (Check out the pics on Little Blue Petal - also on my sidebar) Pretty soon the mountains will all be covered in green and the rocks will be hidden by the tree foliage. (I do love looking at the bare mountains - that is a fun fall-winter thing)

Water Lilies with Clouds by Claude Monet
Water Lilies with Clouds ~Claude Monet

This pic is similar to a print of one of Monet's "Water Lilies" sans clouds that I have on the lower half of my refrigerator. It was one of the Monet prints given to me by a dear friend, my mentor who has been in hospice for 10 months now. I will post about her in the future and why I believe she is one of the key people that God has placed in my life.

You know, the kind of friend who awakens things within you that even you didn't know existed with in yourself. One who teaches, inspires and at times stretches you to your limits. A friend who miraculously shows up or calls just when you are feeling at your lowest, as though she had some cosmic sense of your distress - no doubt God inspired. The kind of friend who forgives you 70x7 no matter how many times you have let her down and still believes in you and that your friendship will transcend time and space lasting throughout eternity. A friend who you can tell your inner most secrets to and you know she will never under any circumstances reveal to anyone at anytime what you have confided. Someone that gets your humor - even when it is joking about her dying - because you both know if you don't laugh, you will cry...and sometimes you cry anyway. Someday, I will tell you about my dear friend, my mentor.

I love that when I turn around from my kitchen sink that I see this large "Water Lilies" print because it reminds me of the little pond out in the back. This time of year when it is sunny, you can see the water sparkling amidst the wind blown ripples. The warmer weather will cause it to fill up with the marsh plants and we will soon hear the large bull frogs joining in with the chorus of crickets, cicadas and later the locusts. This little pond is occasionally visited by one lone crane and sometimes a pair of ducks. The kids frolicked endlessly by the water's edge as they were growing up, catching fish, turtles and frogs and getting muddy - proof of their spring/summer fun.

And I think of my friend. :)

Jardin a Giverny by Claude Monet
Jardin a Giverny ~Claude Monet

Jardin - garden. I don't know why, but jardin is one of my favorite French words to say. I guess because I love the sound of it - it sounds so beautiful to me. Yes, like dancing at the computer to the tropical tune in the previous post, I am repeating the word - jardin- while sitting here, just because I can. While I think all languages are intriguing I think the French language is the most beautiful.

Soon, my husband will be planting zinnias, sun flowers and vegetables. We will have other flowers to. The really tall sun flowers are one of my favorites because they remind me of tall, happy people. :) I love to look up at them, seeing their beautiful yellow heads contrasting a blue sky and I am fascinated with how they turn to follow the sun all day. My absolute favorite flower? Roses!

Admittedly, I am biased - but our little Devan Cosette (5 yrs old) is quite the artist and no doubt has mommy's talent and artistic abilities. Move over Monet - here comes Devan Cosette. :)

6 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Aren't those beautiful pictures Seaspray. I have a copy of one of them. I just love it. Like Doc Around the Clock's paintings. I hope you posts some more of his work. At least he's enjoying it if nothing more. Yes, spring fever...I've definitely been feeling it.

Chrysalis Angel said...

I meant to say I hope he posts more of his work. I'm sorry, I've been operating on very little sleep lately, so busy. I need to get some sleep. Best to you.

dribear said...

Thanks seaspray for the compliment!
I am truely flattered. I love, LOVE Monet.... I think I have studied every brushstroke he has layed down just to see how he exactly did it. If I could emulate his style I would consider it a success. Also thanks to you angel, you really know how to boost a guy ego! :)

Dr. ibear

SeaSpray said...

Hi Angel - I'm glad you like them. I want to walk under those trees or picnic by the pond.

Yes, I agree - Doc Around the Clock (Dr Ibear) DEFINITELY has a gift. I enjoyed his paintings and like you, I hope he shares more of his work.

I hope your "so busy" is a good kind of busy and that you are rested by now. :)

Hi Dr Ibear - You are very welcome. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. I am with you - Monet is a favorite of mine. It looks to me that you absorbed your lessons well.

One of my doctors has a Monet hanging in every room in his office (there are a lot of rooms) and so it is a treat to see them when I go in. :)

I have never painted. Maybe someday I will take a beginner's class just to see where it goes. I think it would be most relaxing and inspirational to paint on the beach close to the sea. Although,I think I am probably more the type to write and I-in truth, probably have to resign myself to the fact that I am at the level of crayons and coloring books. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

I am at the level of crayons and coloring books. :)

That made me laugh Seaspray. As for Doc Around the Clock, I've just said it like it is.

Meet you for the picnic Seaspray! I love to sit and look out at the water.

SeaSpray said...

See you there Angel :)

I love water - to drink, to soak up (no pun intended) the ambiance surrounding it and basically any activity involving water and I am there, either in or around it. Water-so soothing,relaxing,
refreshing,invigorating and fun. :)