Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Power in Prayer :)


Wednesday - May 16th I will be getting a Mag III renal scan with lasix which I believe will be the determining factor as to whether or not I am going to need surgery to correct a ureteral stricture that I have been fighting for the last 17 months.

The image “http://www.ynhh.org/shoreline/images/nuc_med.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I welcome all prayers and good thoughts from anyone inclined to do so. There is power in prayer. Thank you :)



These renal scan results are from a woman who had a recurring UPJ obstruction which affected her right kidney. These are the type of pics/results the doctors will be reviewing. Of course I don't have a clue what they mean ...but..the colors are pretty. :) In the end - she had a nephrectomy.



6 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Seaspray you know you have my full support. I'll be checking in on you in spirit. I was just about to contact you regarding this, so I'm glad you posted to let us know.

SeaSpray said...

Thank you Chrysalis Angel :)

MarlaQuack said...

Ouch, I'm sorry you are having this problem. At some point I'll post on my blog the LLLOOONNNGGG drawn out story about by bladder and other assorted problems. I'm not a Dr and this is not medical advise. After 3 reconstruction surgeries I was still having problems with flow and having my urethra dilated every other month. One day I was ease dropping on some midwives and they were talking about how they tell their clients to take evening of primrose in the last few weeks of pregnancy because it makes the cervix more stretchy. I thought, humm, cervix stretchy – urethra stretchy? I asked the pelvic surgeon about it. He said he had no idea but to look up smooth muscle and EPO. I went home and googled it. It was amazing what I found. Many cardiologists recommend it. I started taking it. Now I have NO problems peeing. It took about 2 weeks for me to notice a difference. Now if I don’t take it for about 4 days the difference is major. I take 1300mg a day. I buy it at GNC.

Praying for you Today,
Marla - fellow medical blog addict

HP said...

Best of luck, Seaspray...will be sending positive vibes across the Pacific.

Chrysalis Angel said...

You know I'm here for you Seaspray, and you know how to reach me if you need or want to.

SeaSpray said...

Thank you Angel, Marlaquack and HP and thanks for stopping by. :)

I am interested in hearing your story Marlaquack. I'm sorry you have had a long drawn out healing process with urinary issues and can certainly commiserate with you. Also, I am curious about the evening of primrose. I wonder if it would help to heal the ureter?

I have been drinking this product called Herbal Aloe Force as often as I can and believe it is one of the things facilitating the healing of my ureter.