Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Fray - How To Save A Life (Grey's Anatomy)



I thought I would put this video up since I have been thinking about Grey's Anatomy and am having post season withdrawal. Great song too!

I was also saddened to read the post "In Memoriam: Dr Preston Burke" in http://angrymedic.blogspot.com/
that actor Isaiah Washington (Dr Preston Burke) was terminated from the show.

I don't condone bad behavior, but if someone sincerely apologizes - then I say make peace and move forward. We all make mistakes from time to time. Hopefully we learn from them and are stronger and wiser than before and able to share our newly gained insights to help someone in a similar situation should it come about.

I admired his character as a surgeon - one of nobility, tenacity and excellence. I was disappointed when he allowed Christina to cover for his surgeries and thought that was grossly out of character for him. I loved how he got Christina and was able to see past the icy exterior (o.k. and the selfish interior) and tap into and awaken the loving and compassionate woman within.

I think I identified with that because in my personal life - rescuer that I am - I have always had the ability to see through the rough edges, bad temperaments and even the distance to the real person beneath it all. I was never one to follow the labels of other people but appreciate them for who they are with me.

This girl will miss Dr Preston Burke.

3 comments:

peggy said...

I don't think I'll miss him. I didn't like the dynamic between them as a couple, and in the articles I've read, he made the work environment very stressful.

Plus there's the whole homophobe thing.

MarlaQuack said...

Hello, I responded to you over at Keagirl's site.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Peggy - I loved their dynamic! Again because he took the time to see through the barriers. I think she was evolving into a better person. Now - I wonder if she is going to regress?

If he was sorry - then forgive, forget and move on, but if he was continually causing a stressful work environment then it was time for him to move on.

Thanks Marlaquack. :)