Tuesday, June 5, 2007

If you think....

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It's almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out of the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will--
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
is the man who thinks he can! ~ author unknown

I took this poem from a book I am currently reading called "Think And Grow Rich" but it doesn't mention the title or author for this poem.

Ross Cornwell, the editor of this contemporary revised edition of the book came into my blog a few weeks ago and left a comment suggesting that I buy this book and also graciously shared some much appreciated words of encouragement. :)

I bought the book from Amazon the same day and am gaining and reaffirming insights. I skimmed ahead just a bit and there were a couple of things that I might take issue with in terms of my faith but in all fairness - it's possible I could've taken it out of context and the book is still inspiring and a great read. It's a book that you can read over and over again and glean more information from each time depending upon your life's circumstances.

4 comments:

Jenster said...

I always enjoy a good book recommendation. I'll have to look this one up.

THANKS!

SeaSpray said...

Hi Jenster - I hope you like it. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Loved that posting Seaspray.

Off topic, I checked out that site you mentioned. I about fell off of my chair. I see he has a "razor sharp" wit. I'll never look a Cheney the same again! ;)

SeaSpray said...

LOL! LOL Angel!

Yes - it seems he does, indeed. :)