Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind...what we sow is what we reap. And when we choose actions that bring happiness and success to others, the fruit of our karma is happiness and success.
I will put the Law of Karma into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps:
1. Today I will witness the choices I make in each moment. And in the mere witnessing of these choices, I will bring them into my conscious awareness. I will know that the best way to prepare for any moment in the future is to be fully conscious in the present.
2. Whenever I make a choice, I will ask myself two questions: "What are the consequences of this choice that I am making?" and "Will this choice bring fulfillment and happiness to me and also to those who are affected by this choice?"
3. I will then ask my heart for guidance and be guided by its message of comfort or discomfort. If the choice feels comfortable, I will plunge ahead with abandon. If the choice feels uncomfortable, I will pause and see the consequences of my action with my inner vision. This guidance will enable me to make spontaneously correct choices for myself and those around me. ~Deepak Chopra~
I like this analogy that I heard a while ago of comparing our inner spirit signals to a traffic light regarding our decision process.
1. Pray about your decision, meditate in thought about it and be willing to listen to God's guidance.
2. Yellow light in your spirit- caution. It doesn't mean you can't-but it may be that something else has to be worked out and may be about timing.
3. Red light - STOP-don't do it!
4. Green light-everything feels right - Go for it!