Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bloggers Remorse

You've heard of buyers remorse -right? Well.. have any of you bloggers ever had bloggers remorse? I have for sure. The worst is waking up the next morning and then recalling what I did at 2 a.m. There are few things that will cause me to miss my first "manna from heaven" cup of java. BUT, the immediate bloggers remorse I feel upon opening my eyes in the morning will cause me to head directly to the computer without passing go, to remove said offending/revealing/embarrassing post or comment. Ha! Sometimes I will just get into bed and then realize I can't leave that post there and so I will get back up, turn everything on and then remove it. Does anyone else do this?

That's what SeaSpray's secret place blog is for except I haven't moved most of the drafts over there yet. It's also for writing things that I know I will never post publicly. Although sometimes I can get a bit squirrelly that it is still feeding into the internet and so I do check that it is still private. And of course the most secret of the secret doesn't even make to my secret place blog because some one somewhere can read it. Not that they'd care- but I do.

As a matter of fact there are a few people in the blogosphere that I have trusted enough to run my concerns by them via e-mail and they have been reassuring- hence I haven't closed the blog or stopped commenting. And yes..I can get a bit frisky (right Angel?) but only in good fun and I would think everyone would know that I am just goofing.

Fortunately, it is my policy to NEVER mention anyone else in anything identifiable so it is more a matter of me embarrassing myself; which is o.k. with me to a point.

So the most recent thing I did was change a title. I changed it from "The Phallic Symbol Wins" to "The Charger Wins". Why you ask? Because it hit me that I was not comfortable calling my son's car a phallic symbol. I guess I would be o.k. with "The Schwing Schwang Wins" . I don't know though, I think "The Charger Wins" is keeping it simple and now I feel better about it.

Speaking of phallic symbols-check this out. Does this look like a flower to you?

[tower250.jpg]
C.W. Kim (photo)
An artist's (Sandor Shapery) rendering of the tower proposed for 11th Avenue and A Street.

Check out this link to read more about this proposed design for a 40 story residential tower at a gateway to downtown San Diego.

Hmmm...I wonder if THIS post will make past my blogger's remorse until morning or beyond a day? ;)

12 comments:

Elaine said...

Now THAT'S a phallic symbol if ever I saw one!

Understand your concerns. I never name anyone identifiable. Anyone who knows me coming across my blog would know it is me, but that is unlikely to happen.

I keep my drafts off-line in MS Word - very secure!

Chrysalis Angel said...

I was going to say....after viewing the 'em photo...if they made it a shopping plaza - they'd probably do quite well. ;)

Chrysalis Angel said...

I had a question....Just when are they going to erect this building?

(I couldn't resist, I could do this all day...must go now)

Carver said...

I've had bloggers remorse a few times myself. The picture of the building in this entry is very much the phallic symbol.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Seaspray,
This is Princess Heidi. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the very nice comments you left behind. Glad that we both love Spongebob Squarepants. I'm sorry that I visited your blog only now. Something happened to us just recently. Thanks again for being so nice and pleasant. My birthday is on the 28th so your greeting was just in time. God bless.

PRINCESS HEIDI &&&&&&&@@@@@@~~~~*****

SeaSpray said...

Hi Elaine- Yes - it is. :)

People in my personal life know I have a blog. I don't tell everyone but it isn't a secret either.

I don't tell the ones that I don't think would get my humor. But other than that it doesn't matter because I don't complain about work (well, I'm not working now)and when I get my new job I will not be posting anything about it other than I GOT A NEW JOB. I don't want any future employer to be concerned that I will discuss the work place on my blog/the www. Some bloggers have had issues with that and I am not going down that road.

Storing in mS word is a good idea. I do hope stuff is secure as drafts in this blog, otherwise - YIKES! :)

SeaSpray said...

HaHa! Good one Angel! :)

It would be funny if there was a condom billboard near by.

Who would not see this? Flower?

I wonder what thought processes were operating while he was creating this?

They could light it up with different colors like they do the empire state building.

Do I dare say...PENE GRANDE!? ;)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Carver - Phallic with a capital "P"!!

SeaSpray said...

Hi Sweet Princess Heidi!

You're welcome and I hope you and your family are alright now and that you had a wonderful birthday. :)

Wouldn't it be fun to visit Bikini Bottom and say hi to Sponge Bob, Patrick and Squidward (even if he is a bit grouchy)and maybe go get a Krabby Patty at at the Krusty Krab restaurant?

I like Dora too. It's fun to learn Spanish with Dora! :)

Thanks for stopping by. :)

SeaSpray said...

BTW - I can only imagine what Trench Doc would have to say about this! :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

You make me laugh..except when we do discuss serious things.

SeaSpray said...

Awww...You warm my heart angel :)