Sunday, August 26, 2007

CapeMay Beaches (more on sidebar)

I removed the stripercam view of my favorite CapeMay location because I think it was slowing things down for people. It can be clicked on in my sidebar though if anyone is interested. I get my little daily fix looking at it. :) It is the southern most location in NJ. The beach is a lot longer than what they are showing. Around the other side of the lighthouse is Sunset Beach on the Delaware Bay. You can see the ferries traveling back and forth. There is also a sinking concrete ship on the other side. (can read the history in the link) If you dig in the sand on the bay side you can find Cape May diamonds which is fun to do. The kids enjoyed that - me too! They probably have it on zoom to get the lighthouse although it is certainly close enough to walk to. I haven't been there in a few years and long to go back.
Maybe next summer!

http://static.flickr.com/105/285079818_a6084e02b4.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/110/285079817_11a7be56fe.jpg

I thought I would try posting it and presto -here it is. Since it is a live feed, I am thinking it will go dark later and all you will see is the flashing lighthouse. I look forward to seeing it in the morning again. Can you tell the Ocean is on my mind? :)

I love historic Cape May with it's beautiful Victorian homes and shopping district. Here is a link to Angel of the Sea and some other bed and breakfast inns.

7 comments:

HP said...

I can't see anything!! Apart from a blue square....unless it's night, there's no lights on... :)

SeaSpray said...

Hi HP - I am fidgeting with it all now. It is 7.32pm here and not dark. Sometimes it takes a minute to load.

Chrysalis Angel said...

Gorgeous Seaspray! I just sat here watching it for a while. I could also see the people walking by on the edge. What a beautiful place to be. I would love to see it sometime, in person.

Elaine said...

I'm with hp on this one, the top picture is just a blue square, but the bottom one is and it is beautiful).

Love the stone boat. Seem to reemember one at the Summer Palace near Beijing.

SeaSpray said...

Glad you like it Angel.

I can totally imagine myself being there and can almost feel the balmy breezes and smell the salt air not to mention enjoy the feeling of the light misty sea spray on my face when close to where the waves crash. The sea is definitely calling me these days. ;)

I am toying with going down the shore either Thursday or Friday but not as far down. Probably just 2 hrs away to one of my usual places.

Although younger son wants to take Bob (our shepherd) down to Island beach state park (3 hrs away) so he can see the ocean. Dogs are allowed on the beach there.I have got to start putting personal pics up in this blog. I keep threatening to. ;)

Hmm - I wonder if it an across the pond issue or if others are having the same problem?

I also wonder if it is slowing my site down for others to log onto?

It comes up quickly for me.

Ooooh Elaine...Bejing? That must've been interesting.

Jenster said...

The live feed isn't loading on my computer. Stupid computer!

I can't wait to go to Cape May!! It's close enough to make a day trip of it, but I'd love to go and stay in a B&B with the husband some time.

SeaSpray said...

Oh I hope you get to do that soon. :) We are 4 hrs away! Well 3 1/2 to 4 hrs.

yeah - I took the cam down as it was holding things up for people.

I think I heard that Oprah stayed in Angel of the Sea. :)

Oh and they light the town up with all white lites for the holidays. :)