Sunday, August 5, 2007

Scrubs- How To Save A Life



Since I am hospital minded lately, I thought I would put this Scrubs clip up. I love the song, "How To Save A Life" by the Fray, which was originally played on Grey's Anatomy. We should all be blessed with doctors that are as dedicated and care this much about their patients. I don't know how they do it. Not everyone could - that's for sure.

Anyway, for a long time now I have been thinking that I would prefer working in a doctor's office for various reasons. I still would. However, during my recent stay at the hospital I must admit I was feeling drawn back to that environment and actually to an area that I hadn't really considered and the work would be diversified. I like working around patients because a. I am a nurturer and derive satisfaction in helping them and b. because each patient is different -even if the same complaints- still different variables so almost always interesting. I also like being supportive to the medical staff as well. So, there are a lot of areas in a hospital in which those services would be appreciated. I want to go to a physician group or a hospital. I think there is almost always something going on in those settings. Of course down time is appreciated but not necessary. And as anxious as I am to move forward with this..I also feel like shy girl again. The whole idea of getting suited up for an interview and taking that first step through the door is a bit intimidating when you haven't worked for awhile. I know my resume is good. I know I will ace the interview. But it's just the first steps forward..you know?

5 comments:

Bohemian Road Nurse... said...

Love your blog--and I'm sorry it took me so long to link to you. (I'm always a day late and a dollar short...arrgh..)

Dr. Deb said...

I love Scrubs.

SeaSpray said...

Thanks BRN and you already had me on your blogroll. Your sweet! :)

Hi Dr Deb - me too! It's one of the few shows that I can watch the reruns over and over again.

I never worked in a teaching hospital but in a small community hospital and I think the show is pretty realistic as far as the drama and the humor.

The medical details get by me I am sure but I mean it is similar in camaraderie and patient care along with other goings on in the hospital. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Seaspray - you won't be alone in your venture if you decide to try. I've just applied for a new position...won't tell you until it works out. I've had a lot of time to think over this summer and I say, go where your heart leads you. (Your heart, your interests and your talents lead you.) I'm nervous too, but I'm also feeling excited if this works out. If not....well, I'll know I'm where God wants me. ;)

SeaSpray said...

Angel, does this mean what I think it does?!?

Are you looking to be dangling over rushing rivers in swaying cable cars or where ever that job leads you?

Keep me posted. :)

I agree with you in that I really do believe that if you want something, try for it and if doesn't happen then it's not a good match at that time and God has a better place where you will be blessed and be a blessing.

I think if we force things then we might get what we want but it can also be a recipe for disaster.

No - doesn't mean never. I think that something isn't in place that needs to be before that door can open. God has perfect timing and he wants it to work out for all involved.

I know what I want to do but I am totally open to new possibilities.

BTW- that is why I was drawn to that positive affirmation that is posted above this post.

I also come back to my favorite quote which is in my profile.

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become." ~Charles DuBois~