Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And the RIGHT Answer is....

The image “http://www.webwombat.com.au/lifestyle/fashion_beauty/images/clooney-4.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
I was looking for a pic of a confused guy but then I saw this and thought...what the heck! ;)

I had a hair appointment today and decided to have a chunk of hair length cut off.

I can't believe I uttered these words (with great fear and trepidation) to the hairdresser, but I said, "Do whatever you want, whatever you think will look good."

She knows I like longer hair and even thinks I should maintain it at a certain length and no shorter, so I believed she wouldn't go crazy with the scissors and she didn't. She took about 2 or 3 inches off and I like the way she angled the bangs. They came down the side before but I think she did more of a precision cut with them. The hair still falls below my shoulder but is noticeably shorter.

I am happy with it! :)

I asked my husband what he thought of my hair.

Now I know there are certain questions men are afraid to answer when a woman asks them about herself. I could see the "deer in the headlights look" and his brain scrambling for what to say.

Seeing that he didn't notice that it was shorter or styled differently, I asked him what was different? He said with a question, "It's styled differently?" He said it like it was supposed to be an answer but it still came out like a question. He didn't know. To his defense it is a similar style- just shorter, more shaped and with a bit more precision. :) O.k. it's different, but I am trying here.

Guys don't like answering these types of questions for women. They think they are being put on the spot because there is a wrong answer and that they are going to say it. Maybe experience has proven that to them.

I used to love watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" and all three of the men- the father, Raymond and his brother Robert all squirmed and gave wrong answers when put in that situation. :)

Some guys are observant and do notice though...and that is always nice. :)

6 comments:

Elaine said...

You are soo right! btw, love the pic!

Chrysalis Angel said...

I had to smile reading this. Those poor guys don't know what to say.

I personally, like the truth. I think it's great if they save you from looking like an idiot. I had this one dress I wasn't sure about and fireguy - carefully mind you), guided me from that choice. I said told him I thought so too, and gladly changed. I was grateful for his honesty.

SeaSpray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SeaSpray said...

Hi Elaine and Chrys- MEN! gotta love em! ;)

Of course they think the same of us.

Yes, I would always want the truth. Once, I accidentally got a heavy blond frosting on my brunette hair.

I should of just said frosting with a little more in the front and REALLY I should have said highlights!

Suffice it to know I looked totally blond in the front and the hairdresser thought that is what I wanted. N-o-o-o-o-o....not at all. Anyway, it was a really pretty blond and for some reason it made my eyes look bluer, which I liked.

However, I hid in the bathroom when my husband came home and I wouldn't come out. I told him I did something different with my hair but it wasn't exactly what I had intended.

He wouldn't have been mad but I didn't feel good about it. He didn't care for it. When he met me I had long brown hair with blond highlights and that was pretty but this was extreme. Then we got used to it.

The thing I liked least about it was that when I got up in the morning (with no make-up on)and would see myself in the mirror, I looked so pale because I didn't have the dk hair contrasting my fair complexion.

The other disaster on me a PERM by the same hairdresser who thought she was doing me a favor! Oh the horror! I'll save that for a post.

Jenster said...

Sometimes it's fun to watch them squirm, though, doncha think?? lol

SeaSpray said...

Hi Jen - just a "little" ;)