Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dr Anonymous on BlogTalkRadio

Last week Dr. Anonymous went live on BlogTalkRadio for the 1st time.

I was seriously disappointed when for whatever reason my system was not picking up the audio on his debut program and so I was unable to listen live. I became even more disappointed when I realized that people could call in to talk with him and I realized that would be a wonderful opportunity to get to know some of our fellow bloggers a little better. Mother Jones, host of the Nurse Ratched's Place blog- you were great!

Tonight, (Tuesday 9/4) I found this link on his site that brought me to the archives and I am thrilled to say that I have listened to the show and am now enjoying the final song (Shout?) while typing this, which by the way makes me just want to get up and DANCE, DANCE, DANCE! I also found myself wanting to call in to chat...so who knows..maybe in the future?

Dr. A is the warm hearted, ever popular blogging doctor of the Doctor Anonymous blog, who is a practicing family physician from Ohio. Dr A also created the I'm A Blogaholic blog for those of us bloggers who are confessed blogaholics. :) I joined blogaholics Anonymous but have yet to contribute to this site...but I will this fall DR A. :) Check out these sites and enjoy! :)

Blogging is a wonderful medium through which you can share your thoughts through writing in your blog or commenting/communicating with others in their blogs. The dialogs can get really interesting and are sometimes just plain hilarious. :) But beware - it IS addicting! At least it is both a fun and creative addiction along with the fact that the collective knowledge on the blogosphere is fascinating. One of my favorite things is the exquisite humor shared on the med blogs. There are so many good blogs out there - something for everyone. Also, you make friends, becoming kindred spirits with some. I would love to hear Sis (A kindred spirit from across the pond (Bonnie Scotland) and her wonderful Scottish accent talking to Dr A sometime and Chrysalis Angel and a whole lot of other fun bloggers. Dr A is right - the world is smaller and it is amazing too me how in seconds we can be communicating to someone on the other side of the world. Totally awesome!

Frankly, I think this blogging thing is one of the BESTEST hobbies ever!! :)

So, anyone curious? Give it a whirl. It is so easy to set up. You can write for yourself or you can go public. It's your blog - you can do what you want with it. For me - it is the ultimate toy!! :)

Great job Dr A! I look forward to your next show and hopefully I WiLL be able to pick it up live. :)

No comments: