Monday, September 24, 2007

Good Morning! :)

It is s-o-o-o-o-o beautiful this morning!!

I love the way the sun highlights the beautiful fall foliage as it comes up over the mountains. There are still shadows in the valley because the sun isn't high in the sky yet and so there are contrasts of shaded colors with a splash here and there of crimson or gold brilliance. Our zinnias are tall now and rise above the windows on both sides our house.

I have always loved our view across from the front of our house. ( north easterly view) It's a view with woods across the street to the left, open fields in the valley straight ahead contrasted by the mountains which surround us on almost 3 sides. There is a slight break in the mountains behind us because of some old farm fields and then the mountains continue again in the west.

As of September 15th we have officially lived in this house 30 years. (we lived in an apt during the 1st 2 years of our marriage prior to getting the house) The view from the front was even prettier when we first bought our house because it was an empty field. Now there is a house across the street and so even though still pretty it's not the same as having an open field.

Once, when it was an open field a camera crew wanted to know if they could use our electricity to shoot a magazine add. I said yes but never asked them where the pic would be.

Another interesting thing about this valley view that I enjoy is you can watch the weather. You can see the fog rolling in, sometimes hiding the mountains or a snow storm moving across the field. My favorite view is in late November when the leaves are off the trees and the sun is going down. The mountains are this dark blue with the trees looking like a gold filagree contrasting the dark autumn sky. I so LOVE this time of year!

I have to go as I baked another apple cinnamon walnut cake (MMMM c-i-n-a-m-o-n) and the timer is going off. I picked the apples from our tree over the weekend. I need to think of some other apple recipes (open to ideas) besides applesauce and cake. I don't do pies, although I should learn I suppose.

Also made an excellent (says me) tomato salad last night for tonight's dinner. We have so many tomatoes that we can't give them away fast enough! They're delicious too!

Oh, I am rested up and feel bright eyed and bushy tailed again! Sleep...sweet sleep....made all the difference. :)

6 comments:

Elaine said...

Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Elaine and thank you! :)

I am ready to start singing the hills are alive...with ...the sound of ....m-u-s-i-c. :)

Dr. Deb said...

It is BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL here too. I love the Autumn weather.

SeaSpray said...

Hey Dr Deb - it's the best! :)

Lynn said...

To be feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed... it is a wonderful life! :)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Lynn- thanks for your comment and it is so true..it's a wonderful life!

I LOVE that cat pic chasing the leaves!