Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ever Go Too Far with a Prank?

Yesterday morning I was calm and just kind of waking up. I casually pulled the coffee maker out from under the cabinet when to my absolute HORROR I first saw these huge black muscular spider legs (the kind that I fear most) that were attached to a BIG spider body! I was so scared that I didn't scream because it took my breath away and all I could do was inhale hard and fast! Then I realized it was one of those big fake spiders that came in a bag for Halloween. With my next breath I yelled, "CHRISTOPHER!" to which I heard him just cracking up in laughter at the computer desk. He KNOWS how much I don't like spiders, especially the big hairy muscular ones. (shiver) If I were going to be phobic it would be over spiders. :)

I love a good joke or prank and he got me good. But ya know..joke revenge is sweet..thus saith SeaSpray. :)

If ever I deserved a revenge joke it was over a prank I played on someone when I was 23. It is probably the worst thing I ever did to anyone -ever and boy did I incur wrath and deservedly so. God forgive me but I did see humor in it (but it was wrong, wrong wrong) and so did the others that witnessed it. It was my idea and I set it up. I just had a little help from the guy next door in getting the object from the pond. After the fact and after laughing, I finally realized the error of my ways and so I apologized profusely but to no avail. Then the apology was accepted or there was a truce of sorts but then the next day I started to tell someone and started laughing all over again which totally obliterated any chance of that person believing I was sorry. All I am going to say here is that it involved a real SNAKE. (I deserved a thousand spiders in my bed - I know - and I did wonder)
The image “http://www.njhrs.org/assets/images/snake.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Personally, if someone played a prank on me with real spiders...yes they would scare me..BIG TIME but I would still see the humor, maybe not right away... but I'd come around. I always loved the pranks that Hawkeye & co. on M.A.S.H. played on various individuals and by the way so did this person. But knowing what I know now..would I do it again? No, absolutely not! Things are not funny if they hurt someone in any capacity. Maybe if we didn't have to make a trip to the ER..(I'm kidding!)..no one was hurt physically. I was outside and an event occurred that caused me to get the idea. It wasn't like I was prone to dreaming up ways to scare people with snakes..it all just kind of fell into place.

Chalk it up to the ignorance and insensitivity of youth. I haven't picked up a snake since then. :)

3 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Seaspray...I'm going to do bodily harm if you don't stop giving us part of a story!! I hate snakes, I know they are God's creatures, but they aren't mine. "Muscular spiders?" Now that's something I haven't heard before. How much can they bench? Spiders go into the category of snakes for me. Those two things eww.

Ms-Ellisa said...

I hate snakes and I hate spiders... end of story. :)

SeaSpray said...

SPIDERS and SNAKES...OH MY! ;)

Here's the thing Angel...obviously I am dying to tell the story but if I do you will all think I was terrible. Besides, we all have our little mysteries.

O.k.if someone guesses...I will own up to it but suffice it to know that people that know me would be surprised. And the eww factor was high!

Muscular spiders? Well their quads aren't exactly bulging but their thighs are kind of thick and strong looking. And the hairy part with all those muscular legs just puts me over the edge. Heck if George Clooney had eight legs moving toward me I'd run the other way! ;) Although I can pick up a daddy Long Legs. Also if there is a chivalrous man in the room I will always most gratefully defer the spider annihilation to him. :)

An ER nurse I worked with used to have a Boa Constrictor named satan that got loose a couple of times and I don't know if in the end it was permanently or if they got him.

My next door neighbor had a tarantula named Kevin. Given a choice I'd pick up satan any day over Kevin, but I never did. I did however hold a Boa Constrictor in biology class and thought that was so cool.

Hi Ms Ellisa...I hear you. Truthfully? That spider pic at the top of my post really bothers me. :)