Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It takes a lot of courage...

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
~ Alan Cohen ~

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. ~Kahlil Gibran~

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~ Kahlil Gibran ~ (I love this one. He has written some beautiful things. ~ SeaSpray)

7 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Those are beautiful Seaspray. You should check out Someonetc's site, he always has the best quotes with his posts. Orthopaedic Residency is on my side bar.

DrGwenn said...

Fantastic quotes! I love the one by Kahlil Gibran...I've recently found that sort of attitude very useful. I slipped a disc over the holidays and am not operating on full steam these days. The only thing keeping me going is a positive attitude...and reading blogs like yours!

Dr. G

SeaSpray said...

Hi Angel- thanks and I will do that. :)

Hi Dr Gwenn- I am so sorry that you are hurting and I understand how frustrating and sometimes discouraging feeling that way can be. Especially since you have such busy schedules with your careers and family life. I know I don't have to tell you (the doc) but take care of your self so that your body can regenerate to facilitate healing so you can get back to all that you would normally do.

Sometimes we look back after these kinds of things that really seem to hurt us on many levels but then we see the good that came through the trial that might not have otherwise happened. You are so right about attitude...it can discourage and drag us down or it can give us hope, empower us and pull us up. My faith that God is in control regardless of circumstances has carried me through some discouraging and scary times. :)

I'm glad the quotes help to uplift. Also thank you for your kind words about my blog. (I can get a little zany sometimes)I do hope stuff in here makes people laugh or feel appreciated or are uplifted in some way. :)

Lt. Fire Guy said...

G.W. Offley said(paraphase)We are immortal until our jobs are done.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Lt Fire Guy - I LOVE this quote! You have no idea how much this means to me right now!

You're Fire guy pic is AWESOME!

I posted this comment before and for some reason didn't carry over to the blog side.

Lt. Fire Guy said...

I hope that the comment will bolster your spirit.
I had a lot of help with the picture.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Fireguy!- it does..it's a great quote and thank you for leaving it here. :)

yes...that is a really cool pic...even though fire is hot. :)