Monday, January 28, 2008

Turn the Light On

"Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls” ~ Kahlil Gibran ~

The image “http://michaelcorreia.com/images/Iwebpagebordered.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Michael Correia (image credit)

My son's m-i-l just sent me this (short) powerful, motivational and inspirational clip and I want to share it with you. Thanks Peggy! :)

I LOVE it! See...we ALL can make a difference for the better if we want to. Not only was I impressed by his simple yet profound act, but I was also impressed by the apparent need in people to experience such thoughtfulness and in turn by their recognition of the importance of what he was doing for them and others. His simple thought then acted upon, set the "Pay it Forward" ripples of good in motion. Who knows where these ripples finally settle and who is changed for the better because of being in their path?

What simple act can we perform that will brighten someone's day today? Can we inspire another? Impart wisdom? Or validate their importance by taking time for them in any number of ways? Whatever our hands find to do that is good...they should do. And every time we do these good deeds, no matter how small...we are also nurturing our own soul. Think of an act of kindness as turning a light on. Light dispels darkness. When you turn that light on...the light illuminates everything in it's path...including you..the one who turned the light on in the first place.

Have a great day! :)

"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." ~Kahlil Gibran ~

4 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

I was afraid from your comment to me, you'd turned your blog "canary yellow." I was worried. Don't change Seaspray. I may be down for a bit. Saw a doc today...and am on antibiotics. I'll be back when I'm up for it. I've only checked my mail. Crawling back into bed. Hold the fort. Great post Seaspray.

SeaSpray said...

I was only teasing you Chrysalis Angel.That is why I left the wink/smile.

Thank you.

I do hope you feel better soon! I know...these URIs can take a lot out of a person.

I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way. :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Seaspray,
That was a moving video, I was so touched by it. There are moments in our lives when we are awakened from our deep slumber and we realize that we are children of God created to spread His glory and wonder to the world at large. This is probably one of those moments. Thanks for the moving post. God bless you and your family always.

SeaSpray said...

Awww..I am glad you appreciated it and I agree with you.

Thanks for stopping by Mel. :)