Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dr. Sid Schwab (Surgeon) Live Interview Tonight!

Hey everyone! Tonight, Dr. Sid Schwab (blogging surgeon and author) who is well known in the medical blogosphere through his popular blog-Surgeonsblog will be interviewed here by Dr. Anonymous on live BlogTalk radio tonight at 9:00 p.m. EST.

I have heard the chat for the show is fun and I think I have signed up in the appropriate place...technically challenged girl that I am. I would love to call in to say hi and I might if I don't suddenly become a shy SeaSpray. ;)

I have been reading Dr Schwab's blog since October of 2006 and as a result have been turned into a surgical groupie. Suffice it to know that between my experiences with my skilled and dedicated urologist, trips to the OR and "Grey"s Anatomy", that I was drawn in like a moth to flame to Surgeonsblog in which Dr Schwab writes ever so eloquently about his experiences in becoming a surgeon and his many years of practice. I have felt like I was in the OR with him, feeling his awe of the sacred responsibility he held in his hands, the tension, the compassion, relief and pride of a job well done and gaining an insight to the world of surgery that had always been a mystery before.

He also helped me tremendously through his writing that helped dispel some fears I had when I thought I was going to have a big surgery last year as well as reassuring me with what safety precautions they use in the OR today. And I really liked hearing one thing in particular where he said something like (Not his words but my interpretation) a patient is never more attended to then when they are in the OR, hooked up to all the machines monitoring everything with all the staff right there.

I have also had some good laughs over at his blog, both with what he has written and the interesting comments. I wholeheartedly recommend Surgeonsblog for a good read. Speaking of read, Dr. Schwab has also written a book (Which I purchased and thoroughly enjoyed) titled "Cutting Remarks" and you can read about it here.

I will be right there listening live tonight...drawn in like a moth to flame. :)

12 comments:

Sid Schwab said...

Why, thank you! Thank you very much!

SeaSpray said...

Your very welcome Dr. Schwab! You know you're one of my favorites. :)

Dr. A said...

Thanks so much for promoting the show and for calling into the show. I really appreciate it. You're welcome anytime to stop by!

SeaSpray said...

Well thank you very much for saying that and you are very welcome.

It was neat being a part of the chat room and seeing the conversations and really special to be able to talk with Dr. Schwab and you.

I am truly in awe that we could all communicate from our homes and speak with each other across the country and around the world. How cool is THAT???

I had a lot of fun and just want to say Thank YOU for making this possible for all of us. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Wow, Seaspray...your welcomed so nicely. How great is that?? Sid was fantastic - as expected, and it was so good to hear those of you I have come to care about, call in too. Some I didn't know.

You sounded terrific last night. I thought it was so sweet of you to give me a shout out and say hello. I was typing a hello back. I'm glad you and Passionstamper were both there.

Sid is amazing. It's great to have our Dr. Rob back too! What a great show.

SeaSpray said...

Dr Schwab and Dr A were really sweet and helped me to feel comfortable and even though I was a shy SeaSpray, I had fun talking with them.

Yes Dr S was fantastic and it was nice to hear Rob's voice and that he is back. He's funny!

Thank you for your kind words and i am glad you didn't mind I did that. :)

I am glad passion stamper came on too. I helped her make 40 cards tonight. She's the instructor and I just did what she told me to do. Two different kinds and they were really pretty. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

No, I didn't mind Seaspray - I thought it was very nice of you. I haven't had the welcoming experiences you have.

John McElveen said...

I listened but I wasn't sure about the chat! I'm kinda blonde sometimes too!!! I always appreciate you Sea- your support, prayers and kind words. I can feel the Christian Love!

Thanks for Everything. You are an asset to Blogdom big time!!!

J

therapydoc said...

Thanks, I'll check it out.

SeaSpray said...

Thank you John! And you said that even though I said you could dig dirt clods too China sans me revealing why I said "You made my day" in previous post. ;)

Hey...re:chat...if this technically challenged gorl could do it you could get your little old blonde moment self to do it. OMgosh...YOU would be hilarious!

Hi TherapyDoc- thanks for stopping by. You have a great blog ! Writer's strike, schmiter's strike who needs em with stuff like that to read. :) Actually...I am having Grey's Anatomy withdrawal. ;)

Princess Heidi said...

Hi Seaspray,
How are you? I hope you are fine and in the best of health. I will be graduating this March from preparatory studies. Next year, I will be in grade one already. I like your post. It's wonderful. Bye now and God bless you all.

SeaSpray said...

Hello princess Heidi! Aren't you a sweet little one! :) Thank you for asking about me. I am fine Princess Heidi and hope that all is well with you and your family too.

You must be so excited that you are about to graduate from your preparatory studies. And your family must be very proud. Congratulations!

God bless you too. :)