Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's ReallyThe Small Moments

It's odd how a day can seem so normal and so we go about our world often taking things for granted. We are clueless of any tragedy about to happen or that has already occurred. Then when we do find out...we are shocked and powerless to effect any change...to make the clock go back in time...to make things right again.

We all know this and we all forget at times...but we should make the most of each day. Sometimes we have the mentality of putting things off until after a certain event comes. I know I do that. We put our focus on the thing we are waiting for but let all the days and nights in between just blend into the other without seizing the day we have before us. Every day should be filled with purpose and open to new possibilities and moving forward. Not just biding our time until certain dates on the calendar arrive.

And purpose could be anything. We can purpose to work hard or even to just relax for the day. Time goes by before we know it. Time is a gift to be used wisely.

For most of my adult life I have gone out of my way to let the people I care about know that I love and care about them. Our sons have grown up hearing me tell them I love them every day. I have always believed never say good bye with an argument or bad feelings. Now that isn't always possible because life is life with it's ups and downs, but I can honestly say that the people in my life that I care about...know how I feel.

I think it is wonderful to have special things to look forward to, but I also think it's important to appreciate all the smaller moments in between and that perhaps more than anything... it is those multiplied small moments that are the quintessence of our human existence.

8 comments:

Tirana Tirani said...

hello seaspray, how ya doing..

u have such a nice website and a promising one. why dont you join Google Adsense and get some extra money.

go to my blog, click the adsense banner, then sign up. its free =D
to tell u the truth i made $45.28 (not much, but for extra money that generated from a hobby, its quite impressive) on January 08 from adsense only. so why the wait. the good thing about adsense, it has no pop up. so if u like, come sign up under my referal, help me and ill help u. hehe.

Jenster said...

Great post, Seaspray. I've always appreciated the beauty in things and loved my family no holds barred, but sometimes it's good to be reminded.

Thank you. Prayers for you to have a good weekend after such a shocking tragedy.

Anonymous said...

Carpe diem, as the Romans said. Your post just translated that.

Hugs,

Supermodel MP x

John McElveen said...

Phenominal! I Loved it!

John

Rositta said...

Live your life as if today is your last day, easy to say, hard to do but I try. We all should...ciao

MarlaQuack said...

Hi Seaspray,
I saw your post on Scalpel's blog today. We have a grate on our patio door that was very easy to install. I bet it would totally fix your cat/screen problem. It cost about $30 and kept the kids from escaping and ruining the screen.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Tirana Tirani - love the cat. :)

Thank you but for now, I just want people to be able to read my blog and without having to look at ads.

Never say never...but just not now. :)

Hi Jenster-I am sure you do. You have always impressed me as someone who embraces life.

Thank you for the prayers. :)

Hi Supermodel MP- I have often said carpe diem. I first heard it in the movie Dead Poets Society (loved that movie) with Robin Williams and embraced it immediately! Carpe diem indeed!

Hugs back to you! :)
ummm...do I also get a big MOI kiss thrown out to me like MP used to do? ;)

Thanks John :)

I agree Rositta. I was mostly talking to me. I am guilty of that, especially since I haven't been working. This is exactly my time to do things I didn't have time for before. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Hi Marla - thanks for that advice. Do they have a name? Can I look them up in Home Depot or somewhere> any advice for windows?? :)

MarlaQuack said...

Hi Seaspray,

I'm sure they have a name. I just can't think of it now. At Home Depot you will find them for a regular door, but not a sliding patio door. Google screen door guard and you will find them.

Good luck,
Marla