Tuesday, February 5, 2008

No...NOT the W-a-t-e-r!

The image “http://www.wvwd.com/Pages-Content/WaterQuality/Message_files/image002.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
What a dreary day! And I awoke to feeling the most cozy, perfect and warm feeling that one could feel. That extra special feeling you get when sleeping in bed while all the bed conditions are j-u-s-t right...where the sun, the moon and the stars are all lining up and you kind of feel like Baby Bear finding the perfect bed in Goldilocks and the Three Bears. :) I did need to get up at that point, but I turned on my side...nestled in all cozy and dreamy like for what would have been the most blissful sleep. A-h-h...the perfect sleep. M-m-m-m-m-m or should I say z-z-z-z-z?

And then it happened. We sleep with a box fan. (That's another story) Like a mother hears her baby cry ...I heard the fan die down...like the electric was going to go off. My first thought was...did I pay the electric bill? Yes that is the one current bill. Back to sleep but not really. Seconds later...with my eyes opening fast and wide...that light bulb moment (pun intended) I think to myself, "No...NOT the W-a-t-e-r! That was a power surge!" I then shot out of bed like a propelled rocket, dashed into the kitchen and filled my big bottle I got from uro doc, the tea kettle, and two large pots of water. There was a large clap of thunder (c,mon ...it's winter...where is the snow?) and so we were having a thunder storm. Poor son in the shower. I am sure I greatly reduced the water pressure for him while filling everything.

I can not stand to be without water if the electric goes off. Our well pump won't work...hence no water for drinking, and no toilet or whatever.

I love my water!

Now I am off to the races! :)

4 comments:

Rositta said...

I know all about that, we get amazing thunder storms at our cabin lots of power failures. I always keep a couple of big plastic water containers around for just in case, water, we can't live without it...ciao

SeaSpray said...

Hi Rositta- a cabin sounds nice! I try to but they get used even though we have good well water.

I remember when we had the power out on a real hot summer night. We ordered Chinese and swam in the pool with candles on. Fortunately it was only off for a few hours.

Chrysalis Angel said...

A transformer was hit by lightening here, and everything went black. Just after I was getting ready for work,my hair sopping wet. Luckily, my hair it naturally curly, so I threw it up in a clip and I let it dry on it's own. I was glad my clothes were laid out for the day ahead. I knew just to grab them and go.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Angel-ugh! That is a horrible feeling but you are lucky about your hair.

I had that happen just before I was going in the shower for work. Luckily, i was able to go up to son and d-i-l's to take a shower. So inconvenient but at least i could.