Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Swept Off My Feet (Revised)



Whenever I hear this song I just want to be swept off my feet. I think this is the most romantic song ever and I am so profoundly moved whenever I hear it that I just want to stop whatever I am doing. It always evokes certain images in my mind and I am instantly there in spirit.

Do you have a song that moves you like that? It takes you somewhere else? A song that causes you to strain to hear it if you are out and that you just want to stop to listen or dance romantically in someone's arms? And it greatly affects your mood?

Unchained Melody by the Righteous brothers does it for me every time.

I also enjoyed the Ghost movie. I love this romantic scene! Just the song alone...but then it also doesn't hurt to have Patrick Swayze and a phallic symbol either. I'm just sayin. :)

My heart breaks for them, especially Demi Moore. I cried.

It's never easy to say good bye to someone we love or deeply care about. But I think that when we have had a soul connection there is always a part of that person still with us... in our hearts...and they leave with a part of us forever with them in their hearts. I am talking about the kind of connection where we don't need words...we can just look at each other or feel their presence and know there is a mutual depth of deeper understanding between us... we know we don't want to part but whether going to new things in this life or the next...it just has to be. Still...it's never easy to say good bye .

This YouTube was the "Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody ('Ghost' Soundtrack)"

Another thing about the movie is that I like how it portrayed another dimension from what we can recognize in our earthly existence as well as alluding that there is even more beyond that dimension.

Indeed there is so much more (good and evil) than our mortal senses can comprehend... in dimensions surrounding us and beyond.

2 comments:

John McElveen said...

Lady in Red!!!! Beautiful--Eric Clapton I think?

J

SeaSpray said...

Oh John...I love that song too and used to play it often. :)

Chris De Burgh did the version I am thinking of back in the 80s. I heard he actually wrote that for Princess Diana who was wearing a red dress at a ball. Not sure if true though.

But maybe Clapton wrote it and Chris played it?