Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Do you remember what you....

Do you remember what you were wearing or where you were the first time you heard a favorite song? I remember exactly what I was wearing and where I was the first time I heard She's Fresh by Kool & the Gang back in the 80s.

I was in a teal and white halter dress with white heels and teal and white dangling earrings. I had bangs and blond highlights in my hair that fell below my shoulders. I was driving in my blue T-bird and immediately blasted the song up and put my windows down. I LOVED the song and still do! I think it is one of those feel good songs and always makes me feel friskily feminine! I don't know...can a girl be friskily feminine? Feminine and frisky, perky...this song does it for me every time. You know that walk where you stride in confidence with a bounce to your step. Actually, one night while walking past radiology, a lab tech hanging out there saw me walking by and hollered out "You have a great walk!" which seriously was just my walking fast mode in high heals. Sadly...now with the knee problems and added weight I can't do that in heels anymore. On a bad day can't even do it in flip flops! :( But hope springs eternal in me that I will reverse some of that through various means. :) I have "Fresh" downloaded into my i-Tunes and sometimes even play it on repeat. :) Do you do that with favorite songs? I always do.

Anyway I am putting up a couple of YouTubes that I think are feel good songs. First up:

MARIA SHARAPOVA - SHE'S FRESH - KOOL & THE GANG by DON SOLT

I chose this one because I love tennis, although... unfortunately haven't played in a l-o-o-n-g time and because I like the ocean scenes. Of course the guys will prefer Maria. She's a pretty girl. :)

And here is the 2nd feel good song: Gary US Bonds "This Little Girl is Mine"


Another fun song! And now I am going out for some end of the day Vitamin D and a little color. Fresh sunshine is the best way to get your vitamin D. :)

No comments: