Sunday, April 13, 2008

Six Word Memoir meme

One of my favorite blogging docs, WhiteCoat ...tagged me for this meme and so of course I wouldn't let him down. And because I am ever the incurable romantic...his was my favorite, although I enjoyed them all.

While focusing on taxes the last couple of days I have also had 6 word memes floating around in my head...up to 25 now, which I stored in word. I'd think of something and then find myself counting words. It gets addicting! :)

So...I am going to break the rules a bit and do a few broken into categories. My more thoughtful one is at the end. Actually, this post is a few short posts in one and I have divided accordingly for easier reading as time allows. :)

*************************************************************************************

The image “http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/29/78/22187829.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Kegels so strong speculum tug-o-war!

or

WAIT! How Big Is that Speculum?

I actually said that the first time urodoc was going to do a vag exam on me. With everything I had been through and then having the big ureteral stent in me, I was a tad hyper vigilant about experiencing unnecessary pain.

I hardly knew him or his staff at that point. So I was in the stirrups, his medical assistant was right by his side and as he started to bend over and lean in toward me, I exclaimed "WAIT! How Big Is that Speculum? because...."

I Could see I startled them a bit with blurting it out that way, but it was instinctive. Anyway...he was great and it was an uneventful exam. :)

*************************************************************************************

Things I’ve said to our sons: Don’t throw that sock at him! (Older son liked lobbing balled up socks at his baby brother because he had this pterodactyl scream every time his brother teased him. :)

I’m Only Guilty Of Loving You.

WATER DESTROYS! N-O-O-O-O! Stop Chasing the Cat! (I know 7 words)

*******************************************************************************

http://disabilitiesunlimited.org/blogs/media/HumourLaughingKitten.jpg

Always Ready For A Good Laugh

**********************************************************************************

http://images.pingmag.jp/images/title/css5stepstitle.jpg

I hope I don't offend anyone. Please know that I am tolerant of other perspectives. :)

Even though I don't always show it... my faith in God is an integral part of who I am. I am a Christian who embraces the Judeo-Christian ethic. I am not a holier than thou person...believe me (ever read my blog?) and I am a work in progress for sure. ;) All that being said, I do believe there is a heaven and I do believe there is a hell. I have told my sons that family and relationships are important and we are blessed to have each other. Education is important (for various reasons) and that money is great...it helps to make things nice. BUT...the most important thing they can do is to live their lives with their eternal destination in mind.

Birth-Life-Death... Life forever after.

Follow Jesus and We’ll Meet Again.

Have you ever thought what you would want your very last words to be to a loved one or someone you cared very much about? If you knew you were on your death bed in an E.R., in your home or anywhere and that you just had seconds to live...what message, words of wisdom or reassurance would you say directly to your loved ones or relay to the medical staff or clergy at your bedside so they could tell your family and friends?

I have. And really...it would be my second meme-follow Jesus. Sometimes when patients would be coming into the ER as a CPR in progress or some other serious condition...I would think what if that were me or someone I loved? And I'd think about last moments. I even imagined what nurse I was saying my final words to. Does anyone else ever think about their own mortality when they are near a dying person? I would think it is inevitable except when you are in the heat of the moment trying to save their life.

The people in my life know I love them so I wouldn't waste my last seconds saying that. But I would tell them to follow Jesus and that because of salvation, we will meet on the other side. I would want to remind them of hope and to keep their focus on what was important.

This little 6 word meme really did get me thinking. Faith would have to be part of my serious one.

I am tagging Marlaquack, Elaine, TBTAM, Sid Schwab, Throckmorton, MbA, Bloghore, Dr Deb, Dr Gwenn, Jenster, John, Mel, Health Psych, Therapy Doc, Chrysalis Angel, The I.U., Dr Keagirl, Canadian Girl, Doc's Girl, Dr Anonymous, and anyone else that wants to play.

Please don't feel obligated to play, but know that I think you would have interesting memes. :) And if you do want to play...you don't have to tag anyone. Some people just do the meme and don't tag. It really is only supposed to be 6 words and it was fun thinking up the little memes. I love the idea of describing yourself with 6 words. I obviously was itching to do a post but just had so much fun doing it and...well... it is a tad longer than 6 words. ;)

The rules
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

13 comments:

Deb said...

Mine is:

Peace and love to everyone, everywhere.

SeaSpray said...

Good one...thanks! :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Seaspray,
You made me think. I am thinking of the implication of this meme on my blogs since I have certain criteria for each blog that I have. If I am on my death bed after saying my last words to my loved ones, I will be meditating on the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord to me in my entire life and I will be envisioning in my mind the thrill and glory of finally meeting Him face to face for the first time. Then I will die with a smile on my lips. Thanks for the post. God bless.

SeaSpray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SeaSpray said...

My apologies for the cucumber story. I have removed it and put it in my less known blog.

SeaSpray said...

Thanks for sharing your interesting thoughts Mel and I am glad you appreciated the post.

God Bless you too. :)

Health Psych said...

Thanks for the tag. Mine is up.

SeaSpray said...

Good one...Thanks for playing. :)

Canadian Girl said...

Thanks for the tag. I've just done mine.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Canadian girl-thanks for playing. I enjoyed it. :)

SeaSpray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TBTAM said...

finally did my memoir - thanks for the tag!

SeaSpray said...

Hi TBTAM- I never like people to feel obligated to anything and so I hesitated in tagging so many but I really think it is one of the coolest memes and so my enthusiasm took over. People are so busy and especially in the medical blogosphere.

That being said...thanks for playing and I am going over to visit your blog now. :)