Sunday, April 27, 2008

SurgeExperiences-What I should Have Submitted

http://www.mlpodcast.com/blog/uploaded_images/carnival2-750020.jpg

Here is the link to Dr Sid Schwab's post in which he is hosting the SurgeExperiences blog carnival this month. I look forward to reading every one of the surgical stories as well as the limericks written by Dr S. to accompany them. Darn! I wonder what he would've said about SeaSpray??

I regret that I didn't submit a story like I had hoped to. As Dr. Schwab knows I had 3 that I was contemplating, but the one I was leaning toward was going to be about what I have only recently come to realize had me so scared... and in a tailspin at just the possibility of having to have the re-constructive urology surgery.

After all I was no stranger to the OR and usually went in like a lemming...no questions asked...nothing significant anyway. What was different this time? And...what happened as a result of the fear that I erroneously allowed to take root? It was both a physically and emotionally complicated year...again...understandable., but if I had it to do over again...I would do some things differently. Why can't we have 20-20 foresight?

All I can say in retrospect is...Thank God I had the urologist I had and I regret any difficulty I may have caused him during that time. He was patient with this patient and because of that he got me through the physical/emotional challenges. We had a good rapport then and we still do today, I trust him implicitly as my surgeon. I shall always be grateful to him not only for facilitating healing in me but for putting up with me when I know I must have been a challenge to his time and patience. Fortunately, it all worked out and I never needed the surgery in the end because the final ureteral stent facilitated my healing. I like to look at it that together with God they both facilitated my healing and as I previously stated...I shall always be grateful. :)

This one moment in time was at the crux of all my fear and resistance to the surgery.

So maybe I will post on this or submit it into another SurgeExperiences Carnival in the future.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

no worries Seaspray. there's always the next edition you can submit your article to. SurgeXperiences probably wouldn't end anytime soon. i hope.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Jeff-Yes...but will I get a limerick? ;)

Thank you..maybe I will sometime soon. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know. :)