Monday, April 28, 2008

Why Do You Blog?

Has anyone ever asked you why you blog or looked at you funny when you say you blog? That's happened to me or they say what is a blog? And then when you explain...they still don't really seem to get it. I do think you must enjoy writing and reading to appreciate blogdom. I sometimes think some people might just as soon get a root canal then consider blogging to be "fun", but in my opinion they are missing out.

Chrysalis Angel wrote a terrific post on why we would want to blog and I encourage you to go here to read it.

I also appreciated Dreaming Again's comment to Chrysalis Angel. And here is one part of it: "I could go on and on and on ... not that I haven't ...but we 'meet' people and we never know ... what need it's going to meet ... and sometimes it's just whimsey and sometimes ... it's a solution to the problems ...
it's life."

Dreaming again...I think that is so true. It is true in real life and it is true in the blogosphere. :)

3 comments:

Dreaming again said...

Wow ..quoted! What a complement! thanks!

I get those looks too. My former pastor never got what a blog was ...he'd give me those looks. My current pastor kept a blog for a while. He gives me this look of respect when I say I've kept a blog for 3 years.

SeaSpray said...

It was a great statement! :)

And I thought 18 months was long for my blog. Best hobby ever!

Chrysalis Angel said...

Dreaming Again left such a great comment. I'm glad to see you quoted her. It was an interesting question the officer asked. I'm thinking the officer read WC post today. :( (love ya WC, but you've still moved to the end of my day reading now.):)