Friday, May 23, 2008

Bloggers Remorse...Again :)

http://www.gadgets4fun.com/uimg/usb-panic-button.jpg
No more jumping up at 2am to turn the computer on, to delete a post because blogger's remorse made me do it. Instead...at my bedside...use this handy little gadget and post is obliterated and it's off to sweet dreams. :)

Anyone who has followed my blog or e-mails with me knows that I occasionally am overcome with blogger's remorse. I will even add e-mailer's remorse to the mix, but it's primarily blogger's remorse.

So what's the big deal you say? Just stand by your words or don't write them. Ahh... yes...in my perfect world I would have perfect judgment...all wise and all knowing. So since that isn't gonna happen...what's a SeaSpray to do? Sometimes her humor gets the best of her. Stories of cucumbers, Throckmortons , cotton ponies and phallic symbols abound. Lets not forget the bajingos and schwingschwong schwingschwangs or whizzie winkles, fly urinals and the Bajingoland Brochure... bajingo Mouse or Bajingoland glitter...to name a few. Questionable cartoons and YouTubes- things I think are neat or funny but then I don't want to offend. By the way...have you ever noticed SeaSpray goes into 3rd person when she is distancing from the post?

Not only do some of my posts cause me to feel remorse, but I get bloggers remorse when I leave long comments elsewhere in the land of blogdom. Some people might consider that hijacking while others welcome the comments. Still the guilt or concern sets in and I do occasionally come back to erase the comments..even in my own blog. I am currently feeling remorseful about a couple of long comments I left somewhere recently and will be surprised if I leave them there for long. And some of you have gotten e-mails apologizing for my long comments and you have always been so reassuring and kind. Thank you for that. :)

Not only is it the length of a comment but also how self revealing I have been. I don't know why something can seem perfectly fine to me when I publish it and then the next day or even the next hour I can't delete something fast enough. ? I have actually turned the computer off and gone to bed, only to start feeling remorse about something I've written and so I jump up and make a beeline for the computer to turn everything back on so I can hit delete. That helped me to feel better until another blogger told me she had read a post on her RSS that I had deleted. DAMN RSS Feed! ;)

One blogger friend in response to one of my more recent blogger's remorse moments recently e-mailed this: "You are going to need medications for all your blogger's remorse. I wonder if they could create a syndrome for that. Chronic Keystroke Retraction Syndrome. Heck - then you could get reimbursement from your insurance company for typing." LOL! :) Wouldn't THAT be great?!! :)

All I can say is great minds think alike because a while back I started a post about having an Icd.9 or DSM code for bloggers remorse.

But frankly... blogger friend said it best and so I will leave it at that. Thanks for the laugh and reassurance. :)

P.S. I just went searching on google for a picture of blogger's remorse and I came across a couple of pics leading right to my blog. Need I say more? :)

5 comments:

WhiteCoat said...

I am completely offended that you would even consider writing a post like this.
You better remove it IMMEDIATELY!

WhiteCoat said...

In case you were wondering, the previous comment was a joke. I was kidding.
The post is actually quite funny and reminds me of you to a "T"

SeaSpray said...

Very FUNNY WhiteCoat! LOL! You got me going there fore a second, but only a second and I realized you were joking. Haha! That being said, it's probably a good idea you clarified it anyway because I know you wouldn't want to have me tortured at 2 am with new onset blogger's remorse. :)

Glad you enjoyed the post. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

I know the feeling, Seaspray. I'm still laughing though about your banjingo mouse - I'd forgotten about THAT post.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Angel- WhiteCoat linked to the original bajingo mouse story.I STILL can't get over the guy's description of a mouse biting him in his wife's vagina!

Poor guy ...but while it really wasn't funny ...it was really funny! LOL!