Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Fascinating Blog!

I was perusing Dr Bates Suture for a Living blog when I came across the Image Of Surgery blog which I found to be arty, interesting and downright fascinating. I have added it to my blogroll and look forward to reading/viewing all of it when time allows.

I wish I knew what they are doing. What kind of surgeries? And of course I was drawn to the urology pics. I have questions...like what is that florescent looking tube used for? And what are the instruments the doc is looking at? At first I thought that was a stent showing up on the screen but am now wondering if it is a surgical instrument.

I wish I could've watched my own procedures. Well...maybe not. But I'd be curious to see them done on someone else.

Also, in the urology pic with the 3 monitors/screens-is that a ureter on the 3rd screen on the right? It looks something like a pic my urologist gave me of my ureter the last time I was stented. Now if that isn't a ureter... then I just gave some doc passing through here a laugh and to that I say that is why you're wearing the white coat and I am not. ;)

P.S. It looks like the orthopedic docs need wipers to wash the spattered blood off the front of their head gear/mask/I don't know what you call it. Must be a messy OR for housekeeping to have to come in and clean up after.

4 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Sounds like those are questions for Sid. :) I'll check it out later tonight or tomorrow. Have a great day, Seaspray.

SeaSpray said...

You too Chrysalis Angel. :)

Dreaming again said...

My urologist tried to give me pictures from when I had my bladder surgery ... oh no ...oh noonon onononononono no!!!

Then again, I don't like pictures of my knee or shoulder either!!!

SeaSpray said...

Hi Dreaming-I loved it when my urologist gave me pics of my ureter! It was interesting and helped to have a visual of what was going on. I showed it to some people and they were squeamish about it but I thought it was cool!

I have to laugh that it sounds like we have had similar areas treated. I had to meniscal repairs and I had a partially torn rotator cuff that healed on its own thank God. And urological issues. Thank God for doctors and that he works through them. Of course I will take a direct healing miracle any day and I did have 2 of them in my life! And who knows? maybe more that I am not even aware of.? :)