Thursday, May 8, 2008

Feed People -Play a Game

I was over at the Hi Kooky blog and found this amazing and cool site at freerice.com. It is this totally addicting vocabulary game that donates 20 grains of rice for each word you get right to the United Nations World Food Program.

Check the sight out for yourself to see what it's all about. Then have fun strengthening your vocabulary. :) The rice totals up quickly! It feels good to think the rice is adding up and going toward feeding hungry people.

I missed a word twice. The program told me after I missed the 2nd time and then inserted it later and I am happy to say that I learned that ibex = wild goat. :)

Have fun with it. I am bookmarking it and putting it on my sidebar.

4 comments:

therapydoc said...

Oh, I've been there! It's a lot of fun.

KELLY said...

That's so cool - especially for people like me - who have been known to read the dictionary or thesaurus just for fun! LOL

Chrysalis Angel said...

That's great! I've been meaning to bookmark that site.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Therapy Doc-yes it is.

Hi Kelly -kindred spirits we are! I enjoy looking through the dictionary and thesaurus too. Ever play balderdash with just a dictionary? We used to in the ER...years ago.

Hi Chrysalis- glad you like it...it is fun and educational.