Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pop the Bubblewrap, Therapy! & Mother's Day stuff (revised)

I just have to link to this hilarious, but fun and totally addicting pop the bubblewrap site! I found it over at Fat Doctor's blog. Thanks FD! :)

I love popping that stuff. It's especially fun to put it under your office chair and roll over it with the wheels! Yes... I got paid for that while at work. :) Or to twist it and have them all pop quickly. I do think it is a stress reliever, not to mention funny. I am hooked on the manic one and the voice "Must have more" is hilarious! You can play it over and over without popping the bubbles. Too funny! But I agree with her. :)

Inspired by a visit from Dr Deb (therapist) , I began thinking that you could incorporate it into therapy sessions. Symbolic for whatever is going on or as a tool for coping with stress.

The possibilities are endless. Hand them their bubble wrap for in session and out. Have them journal in a bubble wrap diary. Hey...maybe even group bubble wrap therapy!?? ;)

And this little crushed bubble is for... and I'm going manic on these bubbles because...and now I only need to pop one bubble because... and then one glorious day in a session the patient says "Thanks doc...I don't need the bubble wrap anymore.", and they live happily ever after. :)

I am extremely busy today and perhaps for a while and should not be near a computer but I wanted to share this with you. Enjoy! :)

For the first time ever...I am having mother's day over here tomorrow and so am busily cleaning and preparing our mothers day meal. I would have done it many times but it was a tradition that it was always over there. I am looking forward to it and want to have a pretty spring table setting with fresh lilacs as the center piece.

But it is also bitter sweet because we are doing it this way because aunt D passed away and so instead of my m-i-l doing it, we thought it would be good to change the setting and I just want to really treat our moms, my d-i-l and an aunt and everyone else who is here. We won't forget D. She will be greatly missed and we will be keenly aware of her absence. She was always at every family event, busily taking pictures and smiling with that radiant smile of hers.

So...lot's to do!

I will just add...Must stay a-w-a-y-y-y... must s-t-a-y- a-w-a-y-y-y now!

Seriously! Much to do. Going with grill cooking and homemade Macaroni salad, Potato salad, Coleslaw (use honey to sweeten..yum!, bean salad that is delicious and will share recipe later or baked beans (have 2 recipes I like for them too-one with pineapple and peppers and the other has hamburger and bacon), big fruit salad-maybe in watermelon if time, and thinking about doing the decadent broccoli/cauliflower casserole. Then razzleberry pie (Raspberries and other berries are huge) with optional whip cream and some cupcakes or other dessert. (Not sure about the second dessert maybe a cake, small cheese cakes?)

The image “http://www.mariepies.com/images/products/razzleberry_pie.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
I know it is store bought but it really is good. I just like eating the big berries one bite at a time. :)

Oh and I don't bake pies, so this is a Marie Callender's frozen pie. I don't like store bought pies because they are too sweet but this one is perfect in my opinion and I highly recommend it. It's sweet but with tartness. Perfect! And the crust is good. I know...I need to learn to make a good crust for a homemade pie. Like for my Scottish grandmother's sliced steak and gravy pie....but I digress.

So, I may take a blogging break after this but I will come back and still plan on posting on the most recent hospital experience I already mentioned. I will also will follow up on any comments that have been left. Funny...the other night I felt apathetic toward blogging, like I had nothing to offer and today...my mind is fertile (says me) with a gazillion ideas. Really...when it comes to blogging if one 's ideas are dried up...all they really have to do is look at life around them. There is always something. :)

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Spring! :)

The image “http://www.aguntherphotography.com/files/Image/travel/blooming_apple_trees.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Andre Gunther Photography

3 comments:

SeaSpray said...

Blogger Deb said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the bubble wrap. Cyber kind AND the real life kind!

May 10, 2008 3:47:00 PM EDT
Delete
Blogger SeaSpray said...

Hi Dr Deb- I've never met anyone that while making the sign of the cross said "N-O-O-O., NOT the BUBBLEWRAP!

Your visit inspired me to revise my post and incorporate bubblewrap therapy into it. :)

Cool stuff! :)

May 10, 2008 4:19:00 PM EDT
Delete

Sorry this looks weird but I revised the post and carried our comments to this revised one.

May 10, 2008 4:26:00 PM EDT
Delete
Blogger SeaSpray said...

On May 10 John McElveen commented on pop bubblewrap and mothers day stuff: “Hi SEA!Just stopping by to let ya know I'm still alive and snooping.J”


Hi John...Thank you for your well wishes. :)

You must've gotten lost in the mix when I deleted the other one and so I took your comment on the sidebar and have now transferred you to this current one.

Good to see you. :)

May 10, 2008 6:38:00 PM EDT

* I just want to add that I revised 3 times because the changes don't carry over into bloglines. Can I procrastinate or what? :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Seaspray!

SeaSpray said...

Thank you Chrysalis. :)

I know...what AM I doing by the computer? Came over to change my Pandora station thought I'd look at bloglines again. After all that switching around... THREE times...I see they do get rid of the deleted ones. Sigh! :)