Friday, June 6, 2008

PLEASE Pray for Me!

I am in tremendous pain, probably a 7 heading toward 8. It is urological and it feels like there is a vice on my kidney and ureter. I am trying so hard to stay out of the ER because I don't want to incur the ER physician and use of the ER costs. I'm trying to hold on until 8:30 Tomorrow morning when I am scheduled to see urodoc and then if necessary he could do a direct admit and bypass all of that. But my hopes are fading fast that I am going to make it...but...I am trying.

I never got to speak with any of the docs today which is highly unusual for that group. The nurse did relay the messages though.

I woke up 10 am this morning with renal colic in r flank at about a 2 on pain scale. I drank Walmart aloe juice and had some coffee and a little water. I was hopeful it would go away. By noon I began to feel that I have a UTI-not horrible but with repeated visits to void and no relief really. I have so many things to do and was trying to weather through but when the pain hit about a 7 I called urology office and left a message out front and on nurses line. I asked if I could take tramadl and so took 2. Then after about 45 minutes I got relief and actually called back to say that I felt silly, I'm feeling better but know I have a uti and that I don't want to go to ER for just a uti and could I see the dr. Then I drank about 8oz more of water (I am feeling dehydrated) And then the pain came back and now is right back up there. I have to take more meds but am afraid to drink. I haven't eaten since about 2 am last night. I want to have something light but don't know if I should. The nausea is coming back. I have low back and rlq pressure. I told the nurse that I thought I'd be in the or tonight because my ureter is so narroew that it doesn't pass even tiny kidney stones.

I had a History of sepsis, pyelonephritis and hydronephrosis back in jan 2006. However I have been doing so well and last two renal scans came back normal..thank you God. But something is very wrong. And now here it is the weekend and no one is around. :( My temp is still 100 even with the tramadyl.

i don't even want to put pants or a bra on and I don't care about makeup. I have to go and try drinking for the tramadyl.

I have plans and have been excited about some things. This is NOT happening. Beginning to feel like I am burning up and have to pee. I am so thirsty..should I just drink a lot and take the consequences?

If I go to ER I hope I don't get shoved back in the trauma room and forgotten.

I am pretty sure I am going to need a procedure. I wish I knew who or what.

I will come back when I can.

I am feeling a little scared and wish...never mind.

9 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Seaspray, let someone let us know how you are. I'm so sorry you're having this. This is when it stinks to be miles away, and only able to be there for a blog friend in print. Thinking of you!

Elaine said...

Oh Seasprray, obviousl I can't be of any practical help, but in the meantime {{hugs}}.

Shit always happens at weeekends. :-(

Jenster said...

Oh Seaspray! I will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know when you're able.

Princess Heidi said...

Hi Seaspray,
I will be praying for you. You must be feeling really awful. God will not let you down. Just hold on to Him. I will tell my dad to pray for you. God bless you always.

KELLY said...

How are you feeling? Been thinking about you...and praying for you!

passionstamper said...

Hi folks...I was away yesterday and am just checking mail today. Thanks for your caring and concern for Seaspray. As a friend of Seaspray, I don't have alot of info but will tell you what I know. Seaspray did not make till her Saturday morning appointment with Urodoc. On Friday night, she was taken by ambulance to the ER. I didn't hear anything so by 2:00 in the afternoon on Saturday I called her family who said the last they heard, Urodoc was on the way to see her at the hospital. I got the phone number and called Seaspray, who answered the phone but informed me she had been feeling better, but suddenly didn't feel well again-and could she call me later. Later Saturday night, (it must have been around 10:00- I don't remember checking the clock) she called to say that a procedure had been performed-and she had a stent, was on medication and felt MUCH better! She sounded a whole lot better as well... Supposedly, it was not related to her previous issues, for which she was relieved! She was feeling much better and said she would be staying at the hospital for a few days. We had a church picnic to attend on Sunday, and I was out all day yesterday with my pastor, serving home communion to shut-ins, came home exhausted from the heat upper 90's here the past few days) and went to bed early, so I didn't talk to Seaspray or her family. I will call this morning for an update and will get back to you. At least you can be reassured that she was feeling much better. Wish I had more to tell you, but when I learn more, I'll let you know.

Chrysalis Angel said...

Thank you for letting us know about Seaspray, Passionstamper. If I had her number, I'd call. Please let her know we are thinking of her.

Seaspray...I hope you're feeling better at this juncture. I'm thinking of you. I'm sorry you're suffering through this.

passionstamper said...

UPDATE regarding Seaspray:

GOOD NEWS! I spoke with Seaspray yesterday and am very happy to report that she will be coming home today! I will let Seaspray fill you in on all the juicy details as I won't do it the justice it deserves..and you know that she will add that twist of humor we all love so much! I told Seaspray you were all worried and asking about her and I know that touched her heart.I'm sure we'll be hearing from Seaspray shortly (she is probably suffering more from blogging withdrawal symptoms at this point, than her physical ailments after being away from the blogosphere for 5 whole days and nights now!!!!)

SeaSpray said...

I just got home a little after 8 tonight (Wednesday nite) which is just about when I left via ambulance for the hospital last Friday nite.

I want to thank all of you for your well wishes and prayers and updates. I usually respond individually but am very tired and feeling sore and so want to put up a brief post in the blog.

Angel ...It would've been so cool if you called! :)

Actually...I hardly thought of the blog until today when I started putting thoughts on paper. I don't know about humor though...I suppose there is something here and there. Definitely one of my most difficult and stressful stays.

Thank you again for your thoughtful comments. :)