Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Shave My Urethra?

The image “http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk/product_images/Medium/990193;Warehouse;Warehouse.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

This is what I use. What's not to like. I mean it rhymes with..... and it's turquoise.

I am going to the OR tomorrow (Thursday) and so I just spoke with a nurse in PAT again to question about shaving because I knew there was a rule about no shaving on the day of surgery. ( I always do it the night before and just before going to bed.) I think because you run the risk of introducing infection at the surgical site.

So I asked her about shaving and she said you can shave but not at the surgical site.

I said it's my urethra.

With both of us laughing heartily, she said... if you can do THAT...you're g-o-o-d!

To which I said...I have hair every where but ...I just can't find a shaver that won't nick me there. ..but when I do-o-o... more laughter and good-bye. ;)

I have a feeling that was probably one of her funniest PAT conversations for the day. :) LOL!!!

Now there's an image! Sheesh! I don't know which is worse... having a hairy urethra or shaving it. Both frightening thoughts! ;)

Especially with me wielding a shaver. I nicked myself so badly the other morning that it looked like a scene from psycho. No...I Don't think I'll be shaving my urethra any time soon. I want to keep Bajingoland in tact! ;)

*I'll be back later with a post about my pre-OR routines...which is the point of the post...that anyone should have a pre OR routine.???

18 comments:

Jenster said...

laser hair removal all the way, baby!

SeaSpray said...

Yes Jen...but on the URETHRA??Hey wait! Urodoc has a laser! He might use it tomorrow too. I'll just tell him to point it downward a bit.

SeaSpray said...

Maybe urodoc could just turn it on before he goes in and like um..oops..ZAP...all gone! ;)

Hmm..I wonder what the ICD-9 code for hairy urethra would be or surgical procedure code to remove it? ;)

Hey...just in case anyone is confused...urethras aren't hairy and I do not have a hairy one. I'm not ready to be the hairy urethra circus lady YET! ;)

Sorry people...ya KNOW SeaSpray simply can't resist this inane stuff! :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

I crushed a wing as I fell to the floor - flat out. I have a turquoise razor, and nowwww, when I use it - Oh the images I will have.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Angel-me too..oh the images!

I have something I want to say about the urethra but don't know if I should.

Okay..here goes..I think it's kind of cute. It really is. Don't ya think so too?

A hairy urethra just wouldn't be right but the real deal is cute.

That was my first reaction when i saw it...it's so little and cute and who knew..who knew it was right there all the time? I'm just sayin.. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Cute? No, I wouldn't particularly say so. I can't say as I would choose that word out of the dictionary to describe it.

The definition of cute is sharp or clever...hope it isn't sharp down there!!! :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

You know I love ya, girfriend. Your going to have to buy me a box of nice and easy! Passionstamper, are you having to dye your hair yet? You don't have to answer....I know. :)

SeaSpray said...

Well...children r cute, puppies r cute and urethras are cute. Now I understand why whizzie winkles r pretty. ;) ok I'll check again but I remember it as being this cute little tiny opening that I didn't expect to be there. I knew it was somewhere ...just didn't know it was there. Guess I thought it was a more northern Bajingoland territory. And yes...it impressed me as cute.

Live and learn..life is always full of pleasant surprises. :)

SeaSpray said...

Hey Angel-we could run a poll-Are female urethras cute..yes or no?

Chrysalis Angel said...

Seaspray, love the whizzie winkles or whatever it is, thought. Ya know, little, glistening, sparkling champagne colored "left overs", but the other...I think I'll leave to your interpretation. Gotta tell ya, not at all interested in "our" anatomy. ;)

SeaSpray said...

I AGREE-It's not "our" anatomy that WOWS us and that is why I didn't know where my urethra was until February 2006...wasn't lookin at me until curiosity got the better of me because of all the whizzie winkle work. Seriously...if everyone else was looking I wanted to see too. :)

But still cute. :)

John McElveen said...

DON'T try the EPILADY-- I repeat- DON'T>>>>>>> Hairless in Seattle,

LOL

J

Who is the best Blues Singer of all time? are you ready?





URETHRA FRANKLIN!!!!!

Oh I "crack" myself up....own...

Chrysalis Angel said...

John, now I've got to change this shirt with my tea running down it!! I just didn't expect the epilady and "hairless in seattle."

John McElveen said...

sORRY aNGEL--SHOULDV'E GIVEN A BEVERAGE ALERT!

j

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Seaspray,
Thanks for appreciating the award I gave you. You really deserve that award. I am praying for your operation my friend. May the Lord grant you sufficient grace and blessings to tide you over in trying times. Thanks for the post. God bless.

John McElveen said...

I'd Like to add my prayers to Mel's, may God guide the hands and minds of all connected with your care in any way

J

Chrysalis Angel said...

Seaspray, worrying about you. Hope everything went all right on Thursday. Thinking of you.

SeaSpray said...

John..you always make me laugh out loud and thanks for that! Anyone ever tell you you should be a comedian?
...you could be! :)

Mel, John and Chrysalis-thank you very much for your prayers and support. And for the laughs and Mel for the award.

You are all the best! :)