Thursday, June 12, 2008

White Knight in Shining Armour!

The image “http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/socyberty/2007/11/28/84338.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Good morning!

I am so grateful to God for his goodness and healing mercies and to my urologist, who because of his God given skill and dedication has made it possible for me to be home. I could not be under better urology care. He knows my complicated case inside out and he knows me. I actually feel safer when he is around when I am going through the frightening things that I did.

I was so very sick and on Saturday night became very afraid when I heard what was going on. Once again I was powerless and ever so dependent on my care givers. I was not sure of the outcome but took comfort in knowing that it was my compassionate and skilled urologist at the helm of the ship. I heard he was checking on me often. And believe me when I tell you he was amazing with me in going the extra mile prior to going into the OR, which helped me to feel even more secure going in. I was afraid...but his presence, dedication and the way he takes charge went a long way help calm me down as much as humanly possible. I did not understand what was going on, or why and still don't. Yes...I do to a point but it is still a mystery.

Also, I know it is God who ultimately heals but I also believe he works through people and even orchestrates the people he will use to be in your path. I don't pretend to think that all things turn out well and that bad things don't happen. I just know that even if we don't know it...God is there for us through it all.

And yet while my faith is in God and I in no way mean to detract from that...I also believe that my urodoc has been my concrete presence and reassurance through the difficult times I have had with these urology concerns and he really came through for me Saturday night.

I will come back to this from the beginning when I have a chance. Right now it is about 7:15 am and I am still exhausted and am going back to bed. I feel like I could sleep 800 years and I most definitely found this last hospital stay to be one of the most stressful, both physically and emotionally. I just got up at 6:30 to take my meds and get on a schedule. I need rest, can't shake the nausea and the stent is bothering me. I truly forgot what it was like to be stented. Also, I have a fairly bad headache and so took my 600mg of I-buprofen which I know will knock out the headache. I honestly am having a difficult time physically and I am still requesting your prayers.

Of course all of the staff was wonderful...but to me ...Urodoc was/is the anchor in this storm.

They say that white knights in shining armour are for fairy tales...but I know I have one because he came to my rescue once again last Saturday night.

I am needing to go as I am at the borderline kidney spasm point and hope to head it off. Why didn't I feel this bad in the hospital these last few days? Maybe because of all the distractions or maybe my body is rid of the anesthesia or is just saying enough? I don't know. :( Maybe when I totally catch up on sleep and rest like I am supposed to? I did not get any rest in the hospital until yesterday afternoon.

But still...there's no place like home, there's no place like home...there's no place like home.

8 comments:

passionstamper said...

Hi Seaspray! Thanks for checking in and letting us know you are home. It's wonderful when you can have so much faith in your doctor, and very reassuring. I figured you would be tired so I didn't bother you yesterday...get the rest you need so your body can heal. We aren't going anywhere...and are here for you when you are feeling better.

John McElveen said...

I am so sorry I didn't know in ttime to pray specifically. I just don't get to check everyday! Please forgive me, and if you can just e-mail me real quick and just say John, Pray! I'll know what to do.

God bless You my Plumbing Compromised friend. Until we receive the Ultimate Healing (song by Wayne Watson- listen to it!) use Urodoc and staff. Not his staff- well ..uh you know what I mean!

Hope I made you smile. You are definitely in our prayers now!

God Bless sea- I pray you can pee!

J

john.mcelveen@gmail.com or post on Full-on!!!

Chrysalis Angel said...

Seaspray, just rest and get better. You're in my prayers. You and WC. Take care sweet one.

Elaine said...

Oh Seaspray, I am so glad you are home.

Much betterness soon.

Deb said...

There really is nothing like having a great doctor and faith to support you!

SeaSpray said...

Hi Passionstamper-I got home Wednesday night. I had to stay later because doctor decided to give me an extra dose of the Rocephin, which I couldn't have until evening. My white count was back in normal range. Yay!

I am resting as my body isn't giving me any other choice right now. My mind sees all these things to do but body says surely you jest!

Doctor told me to take it easy at least for the 1st couple of days-I don't remember exactly. I think because of the infection and of course newly placed stent.

Feels so good to be home!

SeaSpray said...

John you are so funny! I saw it late last night and honestly...you were my first laugh the entire day and night.

Thanks so much for that! :)

I will add you to my e-mail list and keep you in mind for prayer. For you too if you need it.

Oh Sea can pee...boy can she pee
pee...pee...peee..WHEEEE! Or is that whiz?

Nope only guys can whiz! Whizzie winkles Girls make whizzie winkles!

And not only can Sea Pee but she can SPRAY! See SeaSpray spray or pee...or whizzie winkle...she can do it all.

But Sea couldn't drink because of a block, but now she is stented and so all is temporarily well in tinkle land.

More to follow.

Hi Chrysalis Angel,Elaine and Passionstamper-thank you again for your well wishes and prayers. :)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Deb-a doc/patient relationship with implicit TRUST-both ways-is key and goes a long way in getting through the tough times. If I did not trust or HAVE my doctor's total trust than I could not remain his patient. We have always had good communication and he has always listened to and respected me. I am grateful he knows me and my case very well. I can pretty much ask or tell him anything. He has seen me through a lot of stuff. If any one doctor understands me or my case...he does, even my anxious times. I have no problem giving him the reigns. :)

I could not imagine going through life without faith in God. Because no matter what, in the end no one loves us more or does more to help us than he does...even though we don't always know it.

While I don't pretend to understand WHY I am going through this urology stuff again..I DO know it will serve a purpose in God's will and perhaps lead me down a path with more blessings in the end.

I do know that all things work together for good.

And I agree with you, "There really is nothing like having a great doctor and faith to support you!" :)