Sunday, July 6, 2008

ER Doctor/Medical Reporter-National Blueberry Month & Other Health Topics

The image “http://www.wilmotblueberries.com/images/basket_blueberries.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Wilmot Orchards, Inc.


When I was a kid growing up down the shore (Yes it's true..saying "down the shore" is a Jersey thing) we often used to pick wild blueberries and eat them. They grew everywhere near and in the woods. :)

Dr Steve Salvatore is an ER doctor in NYC and the medical reporter for the CW11 Morning News in New York. I believe he does two "Ask Dr Steve" segments during the morning show. I think he's terrific!

Although...I do disagree with him on two things that I KNOW to be different because I HAVE experienced it and thought about e-mailing in, but just never did. And an ER doctor I worked with told me the same thing Dr Steve said (This was years ago) and I said HE was wrong because I have had the experience (still do) and he still maintained he was right...but..um..."I" lived it. Sometimes great minds have to agree to disagree...but..I'm right. I'm just sayin.. :)

But I wanted to share his Blueberry Month segment because there some great recipes they discussed/displayed. I don't know how to bring it up separately and so I linked to the entire site, but you will see the National Blueberry Month segment on his sidebar to the right. It never occurred to me to put blue berries in salad. I can't believe that I never thought about it because I do put other fruit in salads. And I don't have a drop of Italian blood in me that I know of, although I have joked that I was raised by Italians (that's for another post) but I am totally with him on ricotta cheese. I can just eat that cold without anything. Good stuff!

Chrysalis Angel...I thought of you when I saw this segment because I remember the pictures of all the blueberries you picked last summer. I also think of you when I buy them. Funny how we connect people to certain things. :)

I bought 4 pints of blueberries last week at the vegetable market and confess to eating a whole pint by myself in less then 24 hours. I forgot about blueberry pancakes and may surprise our younger son with them. :) I usually have a lot of them on my oatmeal with cinnamon and milk. You would think that is breakfast but I like that anytime of day or to just snack on them. Blueberry muffins and cake. But I've never done anything else with them. I didn't know about blueberries and sour cream either.

I also love strawberries and raspberries. We used to pick blackcaps in the fields in the back. I'll bet the bears eat them now.

I don't usually watch daytime tv...or I would stop and watch daytime tv. Been there-done that. So I have Dr Steve on my blogroll and catch up periodically with his health segments. I also like the other reporters and enjoy their interactions with each other. I think they have a good dynamic going on that show. You can follow the other reporters too...just check out the site.

I know I have been posting a lot of urolgy things and have more to say but am giving y'all a break from PeaSpray. ;)

2 comments:

*~*{Sameera}*~* said...

That's interesting!

Have a great Blueberry Month :)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Sameera- Thanks and thanks for stopping by.

I checked out your blog. Very nice! I look forward to going back to visit and reading more. :)