Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Girl Next Door

A good friend of mine sent me a card in the mail along with a studio picture of herself. She works in a very busy photography studio. She helps run the business and assists with the colorization and all that is involved in the final prints. It was quite the glamor picture and I want one sometime. :)

She was my next door neighbor for years, until sadly..she had to move. She has two of the most beautiful girls (now young women) that I have ever seen. Exquisitely beautiful! We rarely see or communicate with each other because our lives have gone in different directions ... but we will always be close friends... kindred spirits. It doesn't matter how much time lapses... we can always pick up like we were together yesterday.

She would tell you I helped save her life when she was going through her darkest days. I didn't do anything any other good friend wouldn't do. I just happened to be there. And she was there for me too through some dark and trying times.

And I think she is gifted with the funniest sense of humor over anyone else I know. She always has me laughing... no matter what is going on in either of our lives. She is sweet and compassionate...and I cherish our friendship.

Last week she sent me a card and I will share her words, here..in my blog:

The picture is in case you are delirious and do not remember who I am.

I am the girl that used to live next door to you.

I am the girl who had two kids and they played together with yours.

I am the girl who frequently took tomatoes from your garden.

I am the girl who always beats you at scrabble. (To this I laughed out loud and said "NO you DON'T!" :)

Dear Pat

Just checking in to see how you are doing.

I love you.

You have a place in my heart always.

You'll always be one of my very best friends.

Stop being sick, its annoying.

Love,
Donna

She just totally cracks me up... LOL! And she moved me profoundly with her sweet words.

Another friend and neighbor called her and told her I had been taken to the hospital by ambulance. She then went on to tell her that I must really be sick because the pool stairs were still on the deck during all the 100 degree weather. They know me and my not having the pool ready for swimming in hot weather was a huge sign that all was not well.

Anyway..Donna had called after I got home and I admittedly didn't return her calls ..or anyone's calls because I just needed to rest at that time. Then I ran into her somewhere. You would have to know her and the voices she uses when she is being funny but she told me she was all set to call again and leave this message- "You do not have my permission to die! CALL me!"

Too funny... I just love her! :)

AND...seriously...she does NOT always beat me in scrabble! Did I mention we are competitive with this game?? :)

12 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

There's nothing like a great girl - friend. They are the best!

SeaSpray said...

That is for sure!! :)

Rositta said...

I loved that post, made me smile...ciao

SeaSpray said...

Aww..I'm glad it did Rositta. :)

MarlaQuack said...

Hi Seaspray,

Thanks so much for coming to visit me. It was good to hear an update on you. Our God is in the healing business. He is a God of restoration! His goodness to us is unfathomable. I am believing with your for your healing.

Also, just throwing out there that sugar is my alcohol. I can't have any. I must read every label and it is hidden under many names, demerara, sucanat , evaporated cane juice, fructose...

This week I'm struggling to find mayo with out sugar for less than $6 for 8oz. I was able to buy a gallon at GFS for $7, but they changed the formula.

I choose life and for me that means I can eat no sugar.

God Bless you as you find your way in him.

Also check out soaking in God music, WOW!

SeaSpray said...

hey Marla-thanks for your encouraging words.i am glad we connected a while back because it helps to share urological issues even if apples and oranges.

people may think I am silly to keep believing for a miracle..but i am and that is just me. I mean it looks like God isn't answering my prayers..but if it isn't the way I want..then I trust that there is a higher purpose that I have yet to understand. i know whatever the outcome it will work out for good in the end. who knows why we have to travel the roads we do sometimes? Sometimes it is a more circuitous route than we would choose or less desirable but then I guess we do that to God when we do are own thing too.

Anyway...I STILL believe it is entirely possible for God either directly or through my urodoc to effect total healing of my ureter and I am NOT giving up and is why I am opting to do the once a year thing for now AND work on myself getting healthier in the meantime.

God did answer a prayer about this though. i was so scared the nite I was going into the OR..first because I didn't know why any of this was happening and was afraid the big surgery was imminent and 2nd because urodoc said if he couldn't do what he had to that I was going to have to go down to a different hospital and have a tube put in my kidney.

I trust him implicitly and told him I knew he could. But the very fact that he was concerned scared me and so on the one hand I believed he'd do it I was also afraid and asked if I could say a prayer out loud in the OR..which I did. I hope I didn't offend anyone but it did help me. And he got the ureter open and I didn't have to go to the other hospital! :)

SeaSpray said...

Marla-maybe fats are my alcohol..like mayo, cheese other dairy or gravy or cream sauces? (don't have gravy or creamy things much) Or maybe staying up too late and eating at the wrong end of the day and letting myself get sleep deprived.? I do a lot of things right..but when I am bad..i am really bad. My joke is if I get a day job..I will lose weight. :)

Thanks for visiting and I will check the music out. :)

bernard n. shull said...

hi mate, this is the canadin pharmacy you asked me about: the link

Deb said...

Just popping in to say hi!

SeaSpray said...

Hi back at you. :)

thanks for stopping by.

passionstamper said...

Hey Seaspray, as Donna is a mutual friend I too am totally touched by her words...and like you, I always admire her humor-even my hubby always found her to be so funny! We all miss her-it was great seeing her last summer and even getting in on one of those Scrabble tournaments! We should vow to have annual picnic tournaments-a time when all the previous grandmothered in neighbors can get together for a reunion bbq...a picnic and Scrabble tournament! We could call it the Good Old Neighborhood Reunion! Everyone would have to provide a side dish, dessert or appetizer and the BBQ stuff (like chicken wings, hamburgers) would be provided by each of us on a rotating basis! We could even rotate the event at all our homes each year...so no one person is always responsible for the bbq! We could host it at our house in August(since I opened my big mouth and offered)...then someone else can do it next year and so on...

HEY! How is that for a reunion party idea? Sorry for digressing Seaspray... but your influence is so contagious...

SeaSpray said...

Sounds like fun!! :)