Thursday, July 31, 2008

HAPTODYSPHORIA / 5 Starfish Rating!

The image “http://www.worldcommunitycookbook.org/season/guide/photos/peaches.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Haptodysphoria is an odd sensation felt by certain people when handling peaches or other fuzzy surfaces.

You may now go on with your day. :)

HHMI = Hemostatic Hemoccult Manifesting Ischemically

Okay, admittedly...that is the SeaSpray definition of HHMI as I tried to bluff my way through Balderdash. I didn't have a clue what the abbreviation HHMI stood for! I don't know where the words came from. LOL!

Passionstamper said HHMI = Hungarian Homeland Mocks Immigration

The real answer is Howard Hughes Medical Institute.

If you don't know the right answer (not likely) you try to bluff and get them to think your answer is the right one, which is mixed in with the real answer. It's hilarious trying to read what someone wrote and even the real meanings on some of them. There are 5 categories. My favorites are words, abbreviations and laws. The other 2 are films and names.

Here is a word we had to define: Bignonia

Passionstamper said -
To be born with a big nose.

I said - Big baloney from the Alps region.

And
in Thailand it is illegal to - leave your house without wearing underwear. That's a true law. I don't remember what we said. :)

What a fun game!! I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Playing this fantastic game with Passionstamper and her daughter gave me some badly needed R&R from everything going on right now. :)

We laughed so hard through the whole game and Passionstamper was crying because she was laughing so hard.

Years ago..we used to play this in the ED on downtime only using a dictionary. What a riot! And in my opinion...the scoring board game part is incidental and you could just as easily have fun without it... well..ahem..unless I win next time. ;)

I think it would be even more fun with more people playing. We are planning on getting together again on Friday..hopefully with more people.

Passionstamper won THIS one. ;)

They say if you watch a disturbing movie that the effect will stay in your body for 24 hours and conversely...if you watch something humorous...those positive effects will stay in you for 24 hours. I don't know how they measure such a thing but it sounds good to me.

Seriously...we were laughing so hard that I could just feel the healing vibes going through my body and all the tension was being released. I feel so much better after playing with them. :)

I can think of a few bloggers that would be hilarious playing this game! :)

So if you want to have a foot stomping, trying to swallow so you don't spit your beverage out, laugh til you cry and can't breathe fun time with your family and friends..I strongly urge you to run out and by the game BALDERDASH!

SeaSpray gives this game a 5 starfish rating!! :)

6 comments:

Elaine said...

Nice, funny post.

BUT

My blood still runs cold at shower curtains.

And Psycho was years ago!

Deb said...

Fun :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Love that 5 star fish rating.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Elaine-that shower scene is the only part I remember.

Hi Deb..we played again tonight with 6 people and it is a blast. :)

Hi Angel..Me too! :)

passionstamper said...

Seaspray, I think Balderdash will become a NEW tradition! It was tons of fun and you are right...very good for releasing stress! It was fun with more people-we have to get ds there next time though, because I have a feeling he will add some real spark to our evening! I'd love to hear some of HIS answers (but we would have to tell him to keep it clean!;)) and I bet if we got my ds and your older ds to join at the same time, we will not be able to contain the laughter to the house-the whole neighborhood will be wondering what is going on at Seaspray's house! What a blast!

SeaSpray said...

I agree-they would be quite funny! :) Glad you had a good time. Looking forward to the next one!