Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Versed-M.O.M. Cocktail...Versed Allergy..OR Chatter

I HATE Milk of Magnesia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said.......................................................................I WILL take it every nite before bed............shudder. It is so disgusting. The after taste is disgusting. And the feeling in my body is disgusting.

I know...make lemonade out of lemons.

Umm...isn't it great that there is a otc product that one can aid in preventing constipation (ugh the C word again) therefore other physical concerns.

I feel nauseated even just thinking about it.

I was exhausted last nite.

urodoc again stated that the extra meds are slowing my system down, I should not get constipated with this stent and he wants me to take this Milk of Magnesia every nite.

Now...truth be told...I would do anything for urodoc...I really would....but this...this is going too far! I know he wants to help me and I should listen and I ...w-i-l-l..but ugh!

So..I was actually falling asleep last night, with my head bobbing while sitting at the computer toward the end of my THREE hour procrastination of avoidance in allowing that stuff in my mouth. It took me THAT long before I mustered up the courage to drink that horrid stuff...um...LEMONADE!

If I could just do it in one gulp that didn't touch my tongue or throat...

So...I am supposed to have approximately 30more doses of that stuff.

Could I just not eat for the next 30 days? It would be easier?

Totally liquid protein diet?

This product would be great for weight loss if ingesting this would somehow make all bad food taste this way. My stomach has been doing flip flops.

Better yet...I have a suggestion for the M.O.M. manufacturers... mix Versed into the ingredients. And a tube (optional) to dispense it far enough down my throat so it bypasses all the body's defense signals. Then every night, with no recollection of the night before... I could again blissfully ingest this product. I am willing to wave my Versed allergy claims in the OR if I can please just have a nightly Versed laced M.O.M. Cocktail.

But for now.... It's tough...but I guess a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. BLECH!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Drink up!

SeaSpray said...

ugh!it's sooooooo DISGUSTING!

Chrysalis Angel said...

Don't sip it, Seaspray - Slam it.

I know you find it repulsive. I don't know as it's the drink of choice for any of us. Hang in there.

SeaSpray said...

I tilt my head all the way back and open my mouth wide like I'm a baby chick and drop it in the back but it is too much and I have to swallow twice.

I really thought of my Versed idea last nite. There should be just enough to make you forget the horrible experience. My stomach was doing flip flops just thinking about drinking it tonight.

I had to drink that magnesium of citrate for one of the tests once and the doc said I could take up to an hour to drink it. That stuff tasted so bad that I downed it in FOUR minutes!