Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Breezy Surrender

The image “http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc176/demo-dan/Schmall.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I do worry about being too breezy with words in the OR. One of the ED nurses I know, compares conscious sedation to being drunk.

I have a recent example of how people on drugs can say what they DON'T really feel.

That Saturday night back this past June, when I was being wheeled to the OR...I told the transporter that I ADORED his mother!

I do NOT adore his mother. I like her. I don't ADORE her.

That was so totally the MORPHINE speaking!!

How embarrassing!

Well actually I guess it was a compliment to her... just not true.

Now...if they gave me versed before that statement... I wouldn't remember I ever said it.

So... my point is that people do say things they really don't mean while under the influence of narcotics/anesthesia. Staff must know that.

Then again... the PAT nurse was telling me they give that drug that I recognized as a truth serum. LOL!

I surrender!!

9 comments:

WhiteCoat said...

Mrs. WhiteCoat claims she has an "allergy" to Versed for just that reason.

mottsapplesauce said...

Versed is some interesting stuff...
love the pic BTW, brings back the time I had a kidney stone removed approx 3 yrs ago. Bright lights & 3 sets of caps & gowns.....

therapydoc said...

Be grateful, I guess, that you had the morphine.

John McElveen said...

Versed doesn't do anything to me. The last cath I had I talked to the Cardiologist about his family.and remembered it all. His brother who is also a Dr and I started out as "Orderlies" together at Baptist Hospital. He's a Doctor and I'm a dork!
LOL

J

SnowLite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SeaSpray said...

Hey WhiteCoat-I borrowed that from your post and tried to use it on the hospital staff a few times but they just won't believe me. ;)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Motts- Yes it is. Even this last time..just so weird how the next thing you remember is waking up in post-op.

I'm sorry about your kidney stone. Glad you liked the pic. I thought it was apropos. :)

Thanks for stopping by. ;)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Therapy doc... yes better to have it then not. :) Just that control issue I have... call me crazy but I like knowing what I am saying. LOL..I do suppose there are people who would question that. ;)

SeaSpray said...

Wow john..you must be a super brain to rise above the versed! :)You are NOT a dork... you just chose a different path and look at ALL the people you have helped. :)