Saturday, August 23, 2008

Where I Really Want to Be. :)

I want to go there so MUCH!! It is the perfect little spot..away from the crowds. The beach is practically next to the motel on the right and feels like your own private beach because most people swim in the ocean directly in front. But the sand is real long to the water in front and off to the side the ocean comes up close because it is a small beach. There is also a long wooden open pavilion just across the street that you can sit in and look at the beaches and ocean from all sides, watch the ferries cross from DE and see the lighthouse. I LOVE it!


And let's not forget historic Cape May with it's exquisite Victorian houses and beautiful bed and breakfasts (which we haven't stayed in yet), or the quaint/arty shopping district with cobblestone streets, restaurants and so much more. Wildwood boardwalk is only about 10-15 minutes away, Fishing, the sunken concrete ship, the small arcade along the beach front and movie theatre. There is so much to do... if you want to. Me? ... Point me to the sea. :)

I just thought of something I would love to do when I have quiet time while family and friends are still sleeping, surf fishing or busy with something else. Being there on my favorite beach, with a nice hot cup of coffee in the morning or later in the day with a gin and tonic with a lime twist and blogging (writing and I've written in journals on the beach in the past..pre-blogging days) while being right in front of the ocean with it's negative ions flowing with every crashing wave, with the resulting misty sea spray falling softly on my skin, the seagulls, salt air, all the sounds and the balmy breezes tossing my hair around and carressing my skin. Mmmmmm....

What is one of your favorite wonderful vacation getaways?

Moving Image Stream

Stripercam - Cape May Beach
Hosted By Jetty Motel (click here)




6 comments:

Health Psych said...

Looks wonderful.

Me? I love Scotland. The scenery is just stunning, the people fabulous and it's not hot!

For a city break, give me Vienna anytime.

Elaine said...

Me? - Switzerland, with all the different trains, but especiallly BOB - Berner Oberland Bahn, and the others that take you up the Jungfrau to Junfrauhoch with all its wonderful views on a clear day.

Another trip is up the Schilthorn and its wonderfully tacky Piz Gloria with its memories of George Lazenby as James Bond and Diana Rigg as the woman he married after they skied down the mountain and before she was shot and killed. The film was On Her Majesty's Secret Service and also starred Telly Savalas as Blofeldt.

It never got the credit it deserved as one of the better James Bond films.

Anyway it was the views, the cable car rides and the trains. BOB even got a showing at Lauterbrunen rail station.

SeaSpray said...

Hi HP- I'd love to see Scotland. My maternal grandparents were born there. We have relatives there and when my cousin lived in England for a year she went to see our Scottish relatives. But the family lost all contact and I don't know any of them.

Vienna sounds wonderful too. There is so much to see in Europe. The history, sights and culture must be so interesting and exciting. :)

Hi Elaine - Switzerland and the train ride must have been magnificent. I've never seen mountains as magnificent as the Alps or even out west in the states.

Okay Elaine..now I want to take the train ride with you and have some tea and biscuits too. :)

I didn't see that James Bond movie but it sounds like a good one.

HP and Elaine...thanks for sharing some of your favorite spots. The internet is amazing. :)

John McElveen said...

Sea,

I just had to post this for you!!!!
I got it in an e-mail!!!!

J

My internist referred me to a female urologist. I saw her yesterday and she is gorgeous. She's beautiful and unbelievably sexy. She told me that I have to stop masturbating. I asked her why and she said, "Because I'm trying to examine you..."

SeaSpray said...

John! That's quite the NAUGHTY urology joke! It's HILARIOUS!!! I laughed out loud and it was my FIRST laugh of the day. You'll see why in my next post.

Anyway...so apropos for this blog. Think I'm getting a reputation...PeaSpray. ;)

Ahem..and how is that conscience thing going? No Judgment here..2 peas in a pod..yep..2 peas in a pod... ya know I push the limits sometimes. :)

Thanks for sharing it!

John McElveen said...

Conscience--why whatever do you mean my dear? I haven't the foggiest! LOL

J