Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trancendence


Meditative Pachelbel with Ocean

I LOVE this one! Can I please go there ...now. :)

I think if I ever had to have the urology surgery..the big one...they should play Pachelbel's Canon in D Major for me in the OR. I think it is the most inspiring classical piece that causes me to want to transcend all challenges, believing all things are possible and feeling all the beauty and goodness in creation... and to feel love... both giving and receiving. This piece affects me so profoundly like it is moving through me, in me and around me...elevating me upward to something better. It reminds me of love, hope, peace and joy.

Understandably...I have been feeling stressed to the max, drained and sad. I have been letting recent events consume me and am lacking balance. I know more than ever ...I have to get back on track and take care of me too. Yet that sounds so selfish as compared to what my mother is going through.

Then again...if I don't find some balance... I won't be any good to her or anyone else. Balance is key. I know this...haven't been doing it and am feeling more overwhelmed than ever. There is so much to do, plus visiting her and I hate leaving her. I am not eating right at all and I was doing so well. I am not drinking enough nor am I sleeping well.

Right now as I sit typing here at the computer...my longer than shoulder length hair is sticking straight out from my head...all the way around. I'm just sayin...

Anyway, while perusing my blogroll... I decided to play my link to this Pachelbel's Canon in D Major site where there are 50 versions of it. I decided to play #10 and upon hearing it...I felt all the tension fall away from me. The power of music is amazing. I haven't listened to them all yet.
I miss the sonific song spot I had on my sidebar (they had to close) that played a beautiful version of Pachelbel's Canon in D major with ocean sounds. I used to play that on repeat and never tired of hearing it.

I don't like all of them but it's interesting to hear the different versions. #49 is nice. I love piano music. I truly get lost in Pachelbel's Canon in D Major. :)

Then I had images of mom alone in the hospital and my heart broke all over again.

I apologize for talking about this so much.

I will be writing the humorous posts again. I actually have one... but not ready to post it yet.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh, dear Seaspray, the power of music is indeed wonderful and to each his or her own, but that certainly seems a very calming one. You are going through such a difficult time just now, but you are right that the key is, indeed, balance. If you let yourself get too closely tied up in the direction of your mother you will end up being no good to her. Take care.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Elaine - too bad balance isn't automatic. It seems so easy to just lean one way and then everything else gets off kilter. I guess the trick is when you see it happening... do some things to counter it. Easier said than done though.

Thank you for your comments. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Hang in there, sweet Seaspray.

SeaSpray said...

I will.. thanks Angel. :)

peggy said...

I don't know if I've mentioned it to you, but Devan used to LOVE this song when she was a newborn baby. We got a cd from the hospital called baby symphonies or something like that, and that song would always calm her down and put her to sleep...now that i think of it, it calmed me down too!

SeaSpray said...

Hi Peggy- I didn't know that. When Chris was 7, I played that Pachelbel CD that plays that piece repetitively with ocean sounds in the pool and Chris to this day is fond of it. :) It is so beautiful!