Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bagpipes, Drums and a Big Long Thing


Wicked Tinkers with Craig Ferguson

If you don't want to get up and move with this...your DEAD!

Check this out... a tribal Celtic sound. Wow! Awesome!! I would love to have been there in person. I TiVoed this and every now and then play it with the volume up really loud and it sounds great! Bagpipes and drums... and big long thing...what a sound!

It looked like so much fun. :)

Anyone know what the big long thing is?

And is it true that it is a Scottish tradition for men to roam free under their kilts...no underwear? And aren't they itchy...with the wool kilts? I've been wondering this since the movie "Braveheart".

P.S. Bagpipes certainly remind me of my Scottish heritage and one of my most vivid memories of my Scottish grandmother...Isabella Taylor MacDonald (my grandfather called her Bella) ... is that of her doing the Highland Fling on her 80th birthday. :)

2 comments:

Ann of the Incredible Gift said...

Their 'big long thing' looks rather like a didgeridoo to me. I could of course be wrong.

Great clip. Thanks for sharing.

SeaSpray said...

Thanks Ann of the Incredible Gift.Sounds familiar to me. I think they had one in one of the reality shows last year... the name sounds familiar and it was a long thing.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)