Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


Devan 2007
Copy of DSCF0361_361_296 by you.
Devan 2006

A couple of weeks ago, I bought one of those big bags of candy from Costco...filled with all kinds of chocolate bars. You can't beat the price and quality.


I have this basket but with the candy corn liner.

The plan was to take half of it and fill my Longaberger Pumpkin and drop it of at my urodoc's office. I did that last year and they really liked it. I even put little Halloween rings and skeletons in there. And I always have fun bringing my baskets in because they like Longaberger too. Well... I will be bringing them my Thanksgiving Pumpkin cookies sometime between now and Christmas. :)

Ah...best laid plans... then all the things were going on with my mother and so I ate a candy bar every time I passed by or grabbed one on the run or shoved them in a purse. Husband and son also helped finish the bag. I had so much chocolate that I broke out horribly. I know it was from the stress and the chocolate. I don't remember the last time I had so much candy. I didn't even enjoy it which tells me I was operating on a motion. I hadn't taken the time to grocery shop and so there wasn't any fruit, nuts or anything healthy to grab quickly. I don't, smoke, drink (rarely) or do drugs...but I will go for the food when stressed. Of course..I like it happy, sad, mad or when sick too. :) But that could be another post. :)

I am happy to say that my face has cleared up. :)

I have found that excessive chocolate, 1 big greasy ridged potato chip and a lot of broccoli will break me out! I have heard that food can't cause that... but those things do. And then hormones, stress and product fall out from hairspray, gels, etc., can cause that with people too.

We don't get many trick or treaters, and so I put about 18 bags together and filled them so we used up all the candy. If we gat 10 kids ...that's a lot. People don't want to waste time on country roads when they can hit the condos and knock on a hundred doors in a small area.

But I just got thinking...what if we do have a run on candy? I guess I can break up the second half of the bags to stretch it. can we give out cans of soup, frozen pizza or a box of broccoli? ;)





2 comments:

Elaine said...

Not the broccoli.

Definitely.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Elaine-We had a contest to see who would predict the right number of trick or treaters to our door.

Husband said 4

i said 7

son said 8

i won. :)

So they were spared frozen broccoli. ;)