Friday, November 14, 2008

Belated Blogaversary to Me! :)

http://gracemagazine.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/cake2350.jpg

I have had so many things going on lately that I completely forgot that I wanted to put a post up for my 2 year blogaversary... which was yesterday... November 13th.

I wrote my very first post November 13, 2006. For some odd reason...when I tried to comment anonymously it wouldn't work and so I thought I had to start a blog. So I was only goofing around and only wanted a name to sign my comments with, but once I started filling out my profile...I was hooked. Without any resistance whatsoever...I became a full fledged member of the medblogasphere cult. :)

Little did I know how I would fall in love with and become addicted to blogging and the blogasphere. I have thoroughly enjoyed the blogs I've meandered through or hung out at. It's been fun getting to know some of you through your words. And getting to know some of you by your voices too. Thanks to Dr A... I guess I am in that catagory having been a call in blogger on his blogtalk radio when Dr. Sid Schwab was a guest. It was so nice to talk with both of them. And boy was I feeling SHY! :)

Sometimes when I visit a blog... I like to go back to the author's very first post and see how they started out and how they have evolved. With that in mind, the following post is the first one I wrote 2 years ago:

Monday, November 13, 2006

New Blogger and Feeling Shy :)

I am totally new to this blogging thing. Last month while looking up some medical info for myself I inadvertently came accross the Urostream Blog (yes, I was looking up urological info) and then her site led me to GruntDoc, Surgeonsblog, FatDoctor and so many more.
Thanks to my all the way or nothing personality - I injured my neck (cervical fasciitis) do to the fact that I forgot I am not 17 any more and the word moderation didn't ever enter my mind as I dove into the pool at the Y and proceeded to do 4 laps of the front crawl, some breast strokes, side kicks and yes even twirling! Oh and did I say there was no warm - up of any kind and the word exercise wasn't in my vocabulary or that I can totally relate to Garfield the cat? So, after coming home from the Y, I enthusiastically exclaimed to my husband "I feel soooooo good ALL OVER my body!!! The next morning as soon as I sat up in bed I realized I couldn't turn my head left. Fortunately, I already had an appt. with the ortho doc that morning to get clearance from him to use equipment at theY as I was going to join their fitness program. I have a hx of meniscal tears (same knee x2) but thanks to that terrific doctor all is well. So, because I couldn't bare to have my head touch even a pillow, I sat at the computer practically all weekend and THAT is when I became addicted to these medical blogs. I am sure they were therapeutic as laughter is like a medicine for the body. Of course the percocet helped too and thank God for it! Boy did I laugh! Still do as they are most entertaining and the more serious ones are interesting.
Until recently, I worked as a patient access (receptionist and so much more) for an emergency dept. for 20 years in a small Mayberry RFD type hospital. Patients coming in for help from the big city areas often looked concerned as they would say that the hospital looked like a post office, etc. (guess they haven't seen our post offices - not real big here) They would leave with smiles and gratitude and often comment on the good service! I appreciate these blogs so much because I understand what it is like to work with the many unique happennings that go on in an emergency environment, indeed the medical environment! I especially appreciate Dr. Keagirl's Urostream blog because of my own urology issues this year.
So, why am I blogging? Because I want to reply to urosteam's and surgeonsblog and to do that I had to set up my own blog. Well, ok I did get totally in to it and my older son told me last nite that I was turning into a computer nerd! He is a computer networker himself! Need I say more?
I really am shy about this, really.
May anyone reading this have a beautiful day and a wonderful life! :)

12 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Wow, has it been two years already?
Congratulations, Seaspray. Hope you are doing well.

SeaSpray said...

Oh Angel...Hi-i-i-i!!!! I've MISSED you! :) I hope you are doing well. I know you are very busy with everything.

What are you doing these days? Still working for the docs and going to school?

You have been blogging at least this long. When did you start?

Life is actually very hard right now but this too shall pass. :)

WhiteCoat said...

Have to admit ... you look a little older than two.
Happy blogaversary.

Chrysalis Angel said...

I've missed you too, Seaspray. Yes, busy, zoo busy. Yes, I think we started our sites around the same time. I'm sorry I'm not up on all that's been going on for you. Please feel free to mail me if you'd like. Otherwise..I visit my favorite people when I can. Take care now.

SeaSpray said...

Darn WhiteCoat...now Everyone knows! ;)

It's one of the best hobbies ever. Thanks! :)

Hi Angel - I will e-mail at some point.

I will say this...last winter when you told me to check my mothers food, closets, freezer, etc., I didn't worry about it because I know she was food shopping every week. Turns out the stuff in her freezer was TWO years old and she had stopped using her microwave.

I asked about the microwave once and she snapped at me and so I let it go.

And now that I am cleaning out her papers...you would NOT believe the number of contests she entered in which she had to pay 5 - 21 dollars or the amount of them that she saved and hoped to enter. I am going to do a post on it. or the psychics she sent money too.

I am so much pain with this now, but I guess it is going to be clear after my meeting on Tuesday.

It's great seeing you whenever you are around. :)

Medblog Addict said...

Happy 2nd Blogaversary!!!

Ann of the Incredible Gift said...

Happy 2nd Blogaversary!

A little late, but I've been busy the last couple days, and only now getting around to reading stuff again.

*big hugs*

mottsapplesauce said...

Happy Blogaversary SeaSpray! I've been thinking of starting one myself but I'm gonna chicken out for now. I don't think I have enough stories to tell.

SeaSpray said...

Thanks MbA - I know it is around the same time for both of us, although you are a bit longer in the blogasphere. Congrats to you too. I remember when we were both thinking of quitting in the early days. :)

Thanks Ann and hugs back to you. I love this hobby! I had know idea how hooked I would become although I have always liked to write and so I should have known. :)

I have been busy and remiss in reading the blogs like I usually do. A lot going on, but hopefully things will be settled by next month.

Thanks MottsA - It's been cathartic, fun and rewarding to blog. I am a passionate blogger but all of you make it more fun. :)

MottsA... you should open a blog. You have great comments. Everyone has a story. And you know...you can pick any topic... whatever strikes your fancy. :)

Just start with it closed and write for yourself. I think you'll catch the fever and join our cult! :)

Besides...you're already half way in with commenting. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips SeaSpray. I think the hardest part is coming up with a title. I was thinking along the lines of "File 13" or "Charlie Foxtrot", which is military for "ClusterF**k". I'll be pondering this for awhile. I'm sure something will stick when I'm ready. I do like being creative with my comments. I miss 'Disciple of Bob'; I think he popped up on one of WC's blogposts recently. I think his comments are brilliant!

mottsapplesauce said...

Whoops! That was me above! Sorry!

SeaSpray said...

LOL MottsA-I didn't know that about "Charlie Foxtrot"! :) Bob's comments are escaping me at the moment but I am sure I would recognize him if read one again.

Just open a faux blog and play around. keep it private and you can always delete it. It's actually scary to see how easily you could delete everything. i should back mine up. At this time it would be volumes of paper and ink! :)

Still thinking of doing it with most important stuff.

Oh and it is fun to play with colors and fonts, etc. :)