Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Surrender

http://pro.corbis.com/images/CB100475.jpg?size=572&uid=%7B84DFEB6D-A23A-4210-B129-ECED72EFA049%7D

Okay, it wasn't Senator McCain who won. I really believed he would pull it off. I have this never say die spirit in me that causes me to see success against all odds. If I believe in someone or something... I think all things are possible... regardless of circumstances. Ha! Some might call that delusional ... but I see that as optimistic and open to the possibilities not readily apparent.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I am profoundly disappointed.

Admittedly...I am perplexed that I have heard some commentators in one breath say positive things about now president elect Obama, but in the next breath admit we don't know much about him. Even Tom Brokaw on his show mentioned we don't know much about him. That boggles my mind. It really does.

I don't understand. Because of his past associations...he would not pass security clearance to be in the FBI or the CIA and yet he can work in the most important job in the world. I don't understand how that works and maybe someone could graciously explain that to me.

There are many reasons why I backed McCain... but are a moot point now.

I think Senator McCain gave a terrific concession speech and is one for the history books. I respect and admire his call to unity and his sincere willingness to continue to serve his country and President Elect Obama. I believe he was sincere.

C'est la vie.

2 comments:

passionstamper said...

Seaspray said: "I think Senator McCain gave a terrific concession speech and is one for the history books. I respect and admire his call to unity and his sincere willingness to continue to serve his country and President Elect Obama. I believe he was sincere."

I absolutely agree-McCain was a gentleman and was humble as well as gracious in his speech-to be commended!

SeaSpray said...

Yes PS...Senator McCain did give a great concession speech!