Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!



And I think it takes a long time to decorate OUR tree! :)

My uncle Hector had sometimes talked about a Christmas tree that had been beautifully covered with a lot tinsel. I recently came across this picture in his personal things.

I imagined a tree with a lot of tinsel... but not this much. :) He said that you are supposed to put tinsel on carefully, draping it with only one end catching on the branches and that the tinsel should not have any creases in it.

He was wowed by the tree and I can see why. I don't recall who he said owned the tree, but since that is my aunt Janet in the picture on the wall (his 2nd wife)... I assume it must be her parent's Christmas tree.

I love silver and I think it must've been stunning in person, particularly if the tinsel moved.

I don't know what year that was taken... but it looks like quite an old picture. I also like the wooden architecture in the room and in homes from that era. Sometimes I think if the walls could talk...what kind of stories would they tell?

I only use 1 box of tinsel for a large tree. I do put it on the way he told me to... but I drape and pull it through until it just comes to the end of the tinsel. I have even ironed it if crimped from the packaging... not always though. We still have to finish decorating..or I do. I have a lot of glass balls to put on and glass icicles but they might be too heavy for the branches of this Douglas Fir tree.

But I have to give a lot of credit to younger son, because he did more decorating of the tree than I did. My heart just wasn't in it this year. But now that things are winding down, getting caught up... I will enjoy the ambiance of the tree for at least 2 more weeks.. maybe a little longer because it is quite fresh and holding up well... and we are so late with it this year. Well it will definitely be up for two more weeks. :)

All the white lights and decorations look so pretty... inside and out. This is the BEST time of year... so beautiful and cozy! And we had a lot of snow around, but the rain has been melting it. Hopefully it will still be a white Christmas in the morning. :)
************************************************************************************

2 comments:

Dr. A said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

SeaSpray said...

Dr A! - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!! Wishing all the best for you and your fun/interesting Blogtalk radio shows in 2009 :)