Saturday, February 14, 2009

Political Blogging, About Today and Happy Valentine's Day! :)



I suggested Dr S and readers may want to watch this YouTube where republicans back in 2004 tried to challenge/warn the dems about Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. President Clinton did as well. I didn't know that.

It is mind boggling to me that the spinmeisters were able to put this all on the republicans when everything hit the fan back in September. Then again...McCain did not run an effective campaign and he came out and said there wasn't any financial problem before he flew back to DC to correct the problem!



And it is mind boggling to me how the average voter apparently does not do the research but merely parrots the spinmeister rhetoric before morphing into the voting lemming jumping over the cliff down into the abyss of reaping what they have sown.

How Barney Frank holds any position of power after this huge financial debacle/travesty...is beyond me! ??

And I have been naive too. I did not know about any of this until September. Why weren't the republicans shouting this from the roof tops?

And now this bill that is being passed on President's day without being read or debated? Mind boggling I tell you ...MIND BOGGLING!

I was doing a little political blogging today at Dr Schwab's "Cutting Through the Crap" political blog.

Of course when I go there I know my stomach is gonna feel like it is tied up in a knot by the time I leave... and so I take breaks from it.

But because I like his writing...I am drawn back... like a moth to flame. I try to stay away... but I can't... he's just that good...even though I do disagree ... not always.. but often.

I do wish he'd also come back to post in his AWESOME "Surgeon'sblog"...cause let me tell you...this doctor can write.

I have also been enjoying Throckmorton's clever political/medical analogies over at his blog "Throckmorton's Other Signs" and of course am a kindred spirit with his political views.

Interesting how opinions affect us... for those of us who are politically minded. We really take things to heart and sometimes it downright hurts to read dissenting opinions...particularly if cruel.

I have been feeling so jaded of late, with both the political arena and medical. Jaded is the antitheses of how I would describe myself...and I know I can not give in to these feelings.
***********************************************************************************
Devan will be coming over soon and we will be visiting mom in the nursing home. She is staying over night and we will be baking a Valentine's day cake. White cake, strawberry icing with little heart sprinkles for the top.

She is staying over night and we will be watching "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"... One of my most favorite comedic movies ever. Of course I will fast forward through the airport scene where the F**K word is used non stop by Steve Martin. I am not one for major profanity in movies...but in this context..I think it was HILARIOUS and I did not blame him. :)

I have seen this movie many times but not in a few years now. I am really gonna enjoy the much needed laughing tonight! And it will be fun to watch through her eyes too. :)

I am trying to remember if there is any other questionable scene..but I don't think so.

Happy Valentine's Day! :)

See full size image
**********************************************************************************
See full size image

I think it should be a prerequisite that politicians responsible for creating stimulus packages visit the Reality Theme Park too. They can easily find their part of the theme park by going to the gigantic pig. They can't miss the pig. It is so huge...it holds 787 billion dollars inside!

I hope I haven't offended anyone. I am just venting. Opposing opinions are always welcome.

Sometimes... great minds just have to agree to disagree.

No comments: