Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Little Girl Inside


Mom & me


My kindergarten picture. I was 5 years old.

I have a better copy somewhere, that I put aside because I bought a frame that holds 4 pictures horizontally across. I thought it would be neat to put the kindergarten pictures of my husband, myself and sons all side by side. I never did do it, but would still like to.

Anyway... I found this pic in mom's things last fall.

I loved that outfit...especially the little pocketbook that I am apparently wearing around my neck. I remember it was a sunny school morning and the sunshine was streaming into the bedroom on us as Mom helped me get dressed.

I loved school and I couldn't wait to goto school in my new outfit!

Sometimes... I feel as vulnerable as that little girl in the picture looks... now that my mother is no longer living on the planet. I guess that is because the little girl inside me is missing her Mommy.

3 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

I know what you mean.

passionstamper said...

hi seaspray-I can't feel the exact pain you are feeling right now, but I understand how torn you must be, and that you are going through a natural grieving process. As your friend, my heart goes out to you, and I'm sad because I know nothing I say can ease the pain of what you are going through right now. It is good to see you sharing photos of you and your mom, but it is also healing for you to reminisce about the good times, the safe times, and the happy times that may not have been captured in photos, but are etched only in the scrapbook of your memory-forever. You are in my prayers. Keep looking up,

love, passionstamper

SeaSpray said...

Hi Dr Deb and Pstamper-thank you for stopping by and your support. :)

It does help to have people in personal life and on line to share with and be supported by.

I hope I am as good at doing the same as I have been receiving.

I am very grateful to so many people.