Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Quotes from Joe MD

"Use procrastination as a guide for: 1) what you don't want in your life, or 2) opportunities for personal growth." ~ Joemd ~

"
Hope = Vision. Realism = Predictabilty. Realistic Hope = Creative envisioning, an opportunity."
~ Joemd ~

I thoroughly enjoy what Joe MD has to say on twitter! His short tweets usually evoke strong feelings or deep thought within me. And ...he's a nice guy. :)

I think his patients are VERY fortunate to have him for their physician and from what he has written... I know he feels fortunate to have them as patients. Joe MD often shares how his patients have touched his soul... as well as sharing how life experiences in general cause him to gain further insights and appreciation for the day's events and other people around him. He is one of the most insightful people I have read in the med blogasphere.

That being said...there are so many insightful people in the medblogasphere... but in a short tweet he effects such a positive response in me. I can only imagine how great it is to have him for a physician or friend. :)

I very much look forward to the opening of his blog.

So Joe... when ARE you opening your blog??? :)

I should've been out of here a while ago. I am going to work on my procrastination tendencies and this part of the quote especially speaks to me: "
Use procrastination as a guide for: 1) what you don't want in your life"

And I am making myself miserable...the more I am avoiding doing some significant things I need to do. Avoidance is downright draining and wastes a so much energy while creating even more negative energy.

I really DO NOT WANT the things in my life that I have been procrastinating on doing/getting rid of, etc., and I am going to internalize that quote and repeat it every time I put off doing what I need to do.

That small statement
"Use procrastination as a guide for: 1) what you don't want in your life" is resonating throughout my being and I hope that it will enable me to break free of the things weighing me down and holding me back...from doing what I REALLY WANT to be doing. I have been in a holding pattern to long and yes... life has gotten a bit complicated over the last few years... but enough already!

I want my life back... and I am the only one who can do that for myself.

Thanks again for your insights JoeMD! :)


3 comments:

~ Erica ~ said...

Very nice!

Ellen Kimball said...

SeaSpray, I have seagull poop on my head and shoulders! I'm sending YOU the bill for cleaning my dress.

In fun,

Ellen K.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Erica-Thank you. :)

Hi Ellen - Those pesky birds! ;)

I vacillate between leaving sound and let visitors turn it off to silencing it. I know can be annoying too.

What to do, what to do? :)